Y&R: Week of May 11, 2009

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You are unstoppable! :lol:

But I'm afraid you're right. I will be very surprised if they ever do this.

Truth be told however, if there's ONE daytime show most likely to be released, I would hazard a guess that's Y&R....

• Members

Well, since traditional Y&R fans are so edge right now about their show going to sh!t, no I don't want a baby switch.

But Y&R did one of the best of all time with Sheila/Lauren.

So, yes, properly done, I love 'em. There's nothing like a mother being separated from her baby, but feeling the absence. I'm not gonna lie.

I loved those baby switches you mentioned. I even loved it when Erica Kane took Maria's baby on AMC.

My all-time favorite was when Valene Ewing's twins were taken on Knot's Landing. That was one of the few times in my life that I yelled at the screen.

(That and when Victor Newman found out Julia Newman had released Michael Scott from his dungeon, and chased after the two of them with a whip. And when Kay came back from the dead and surprised Jill and Derek in bed. But I digress....)

Like everyone else, I want them. I see no feasible way to do DVD box sets...because of the sheer volume of episodes, even at $0.10/episode or something, it would still be cost prohibitive for most people.

But, yes, as a "fanboi", I'd mortgage my house for this.

Okay. But even if this is true, there is something compelling about the contradiction. Silky but tacky on the outside; ugly insecure striver within. Always trying too hard, and in the wrong ways, to fill the holes inside her soul.

Not Soapnet. In the end, the only mechanism I see is likely the internet.

• Members

Mark I guess it's a matter of opinion, nothing compells me to the character not a single thing. I try to think of it from a writer's point of view, I guess she's devious and one can write her as this naturally evil, selfish,conniving all american, gold digging (the kind from the old skool), witch. She has the make of a classic dramatic villain sometimes though it can be overbearing. I am however intrigued by that JJ movie still havn't gotten the chance to watch it but I will this coming week

• Members

Ok, I am trying not to laugh, but a possible baby switch storyline just as Nina comes back on the show. How apropro!! :lol: But I so don't want that crap right now with all the darkness that we are already engulfed in. We are going through Cassie drama for the frigging umpteenth time already.

And I completely agree with you on moving Jack & Sharon away from Nick and Phyllis, they are suffocating them. It's odd because I have come to love Jack & Sharon together. Sure they don't have that passionate, sexy, fun and intense relationship that Nick and Phyllis have but it's good for them and looks good on them. I have no idea who made up this rule that characters who sometimes are a lot alike should be paired together. Who knows, maybe that is the journey MAB is taking in a roundabout way. She seems to be on some "first love", "what if" trend, I hope she uses to springboard the show into the future to show you can't go back only move forward. Because God knows she has to start coming up with storylines that she can dub "Original Screenplay by Maria Arena Bell". I would like to think when she herself talks about working with Bill Bell and learning from him that she also inherited some of his "visionary and innovative" instincts, I have not seen that from her yet and I am still waiting.

• Members

Oh please, Nick and Phyllis are utter bores that bring one another down. I've never seen actors that bring out the absolute worst in each other like Morrow and Stafford do. There no depth, complexity, or overall nuance to that "couple" at all. It's just cheap sex and Nick wandering off to screw Sharon, because underneath it all, Phyllis is just another sex machine for Nick, and nothing more.

I find most people like Phyllis and Nick just because it isn't Nick and Sharon. Not because they're good together or interesting together, just because it's not Sharon.

• Members

What are the cons of a Jill and Neil couple? I think they'd be magic. Devon and Jill even shared a scene Friday - he would be funny as a foil for the relationship. She'd be wonderful for the Winters and I imagine wonderful for her too. Her last real relationship was with Ji Min so it's not a stretch for the age thing. They're family since Cane married Lily. Neil is CEO of CI, which would create some tension. And it'd be so cool to see Jill eat tyra up for breakfast. Come to think of it, Jill is the closest thing to Dru without her being Dru. Somebody tell me why you wouldn't like them together.

• Members

!!!!!!

Thank you, this is the most I've ever enjoyed Nick and Phyllis. Ever! They don't do anything for me watered down. When they are realizing how conflicting both their personalities are this is what it becomes to me. They don't make any sense otherwise to me and I'm not driving for either couple I just think the characters are better off in different orbits

Jill's too controlling...

• Members

Other than sex, there's never been and there continues to be nothing of substance about Nick and Phyllis. They're hallow, incompatible, boring, and absolutely toxic to one another.

Not to mention, Michelle Stafford looks so damn old next to Joshua Morrow. She really looks like his older sister or something.

It wasn't until Nick and Phyllis started having problems did Stafford attempt to act again.

What's "intense" about Nick and Phyllis other than the sex? :huh:

Archived