Y&R: Week of May 11, 2009

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, I wish Adam had been introduced as someone who was nerdy - at least, by Kansas farmboy standards - and whom Victor molded slowly into someone more sophisticated and cosmopolitan. And I would have liked to see Adam bristle under Victor's attempts to change him, too, as he struggled to stay true to his Kansas roots. That would have been an excellent way for him to bond (and yes, eventually fall in love with) Nikki, who is herself a "graduate" of the Victor Newman Finishing School.

• Members

Glo is, was & always will be a Flo wannabe.

QUOTE (Chris B @ May 16 2009, 02:50 AM)
Honestly, I would HATE for Phillip III to be gay. I haven't been posting much because I haven't watched Thursday or Friday yet, but I've still been keeping up with the thread. IMO, that would be a bad more for the story and the future of gay actors in general. Here we FINALLY have an openly gay male, which is much more controversial than an openly gay female, and you make him gay? How predictable . That certainly isn't going to help any of the gay leading men come out of the closet. Let Thom return and put him at the center of a freaking love triangle! Show that a gay man CAN be a straight leading man, regardless of his orientation. Not only that, but the character's history is too huge with Nina, Christine and potentially Phyllis, Victoria, etc. to throw that away. Phillip (if truly alive) should be a long term character at the center of things. Making him gay will limit his storylines and love interests and has NOTHING to do with the character history. It would be another thing tacked onto an already packed story. His return to Genoa City is like two years worth of story and should be the main focus. Throwing in the gay element will a distraction and jump the shark moment.

Amen!

• Members

But Flo was nothing. Meaningless. Sure, David Kimble used her...but she was nothing.

Glo has had SO much more impact on the canvas than Flo. Flo was more convincingly "low rent"...Gloria has clearly risen above her humble roots much more effectively than Flo.

• Members

The idea of making P3 gay is very appealing for personal reasons :lol: but, yes, in reality, doing so would really just be because of TB's own sexuality; it might feel like manipulating the character a little too much. On the other hand, I don't think I would complain either.

• Members

Regardless of the details, if Goddard doesn't like something--or any other actor for that matter--he should just quit. :lol:

Hearing stuff like "he would never allow it" makes my blood boil, especially for actors who don't have a, like, 30 year history with the show. Actors should fu.cking act, and do as they're told! :lol:

So, if they want him to fall on his knees and "worship" P3, he should do it or leave. I'm not sure which is better :lol:

Of course, this is all highly speculative, but I'm just saying....

• Members

I'm torn...both sides make excellent points.

But really...P3 had sex with one woman. He needed to be drunk to impregnate her. After he decided to commit to their marriage and have sex with Nina regularly, he promptly became an alcoholic. He needed to get drunk to go on dates with Cricket.

Couple that with the fact that he was YOUNG when we saw him "dating", and it is totally plausible that one might go out with women (exclusively) during this self-denial phase. Indeed, during this phase, one can even convince oneself that one is not attracted to men...really.

I believe there is NOTHING in the backstory that is even SLIGHTLY inconsistent with a gay twist. But...because bellcurve has already given me sh!t about this...I'm not ADVOCATING for it. P3 is an open-enough canvas he can go in any direction. I do not believe his sexuality should be part of the current story unless it is the REASON P3 stayed away.

The only known gay character is Rafe.

Period.

All the rest is speculation. Who said

is gay? Nobody. Who said Adam is bi? Nobody. Who said P3 is gay? Nobody. That's all fan spec. So, there is nothing that stops P3 from being gay, or says he will be. It's all completely open.

• Members

Oh God no. If in 2009, we have a story about someone faking his death and abandoning his family cos of shame of being gay, I will puke my insides out and eat them. Eeeeeew.

His reasons, if this does happen, have to be completely separate.

Archived