Y&R: Week of May 11, 2009

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This was the first show that I thought Mac's/CF's weave actually looked good. It wasn't as poofy or something, and it complemented her face. And she actually showed another emotion other than boredom. Finally!

Adam's revenge/Ashley's "haunting" is one of my favorite stories on the show. I don't see how it was "supposed to be a story for Sabrina" but whatever. I like it. Especially today - looks like Adam is growing some balls made of steel. I say, more power to ya, Jr! [!@#$%^&*]'em all up. I want to see Victor waking up the next day after realizing what his son has done lookin like he was rode hard and put away wet. He deserves it.

If TPTB plan on killing off Adam after this latest caper, they're crazy. That would piss me off so much.

• Members

I thought Adam was caught for sure when that tape surfaced. I just can't believe that Victor isn't at least more suspicious of him. I think we are in for some powerful scenes when the truth does come out. Victor annoys me, but he gives a smackdown like no other.

• Members

Sure, but I personally was ALWAYS unsatisfied by that diner scene. That always felt like something unfinished...a started sentence. So, when they started to backfill in the past, I was really happy...long-term viewers often wondered about that scene.

So it was with Cane. I could attribute that scene to "regime change" and forget about it, but it is so much more satisfying to have it addressed.

As for resurrecting P3...I could have lived without that...but I'm deeply intrigued to see how they pull it off.

• Members

This is all correctly remembered. And yes, Nicholas Benedict played "Michael Scott" long before The Office.

No, I prefer Engen. Engen looks like a handsome, cornfed midwestern boy. "All-American", as they used to say. That under such a bland and unthreatening exterior should lurk a monster is far more...discomfiting.

"BAM!"

Lemme know if you want him with pecs-exposed or fully dressed :)

Totally agree. Except Braeden won't allow the latter part. He just won't.

Don't you think they have FINALLY learned about these bloody deaths? If there isn't a moratorium on 'em, I'll think them stupid. Prison, insane asylums, leaving town to get your "head together", disappearances, all work. Death is not needed.

• Members

It was an odd scene. Brad, by now, had been integrated into the Abbott group. I dont' think he and Traci were married yet. In fact, I want to say that this was shortly before his wedding to Traci.

Anyway, one day he goes to a diner (one we'd seen before, if infrequently). And he meets with a woman, whom we believe to be his mother. I remember seeing the back of her head...I don't know if we saw her face.

And, in my recollection, they talked about some troubles with his father...like "Dad can't know" or something...but that is hazy.

Before they take leave, Brad gives her a bunch of money.

Then, when Brad and Traci get married, he says he has no family to invite.

The diner scene itself all happened within the span of a single episode, and was never referenced again.

Archived