Y&R: Week of May 11, 2009

• Members

So we're calling him "The Cane" now? Like "The Fonz"? ;)

If only CBSD and Sony would relocate Y&R to Nashville....

(Do you think the Ryman Auditorium could be converted into a television studio?)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd say Adam needs to follow Suzanne Sugarbaker's advice, buy himself a wig, and get the hell out of town.

Ah, well. I just hope the conclusion to the "Who Killed Adam Wilson?" mystery is a good (and logical!) one.

• Members

Victor held Michael Scott (name?) prisoner in his basement, because Michael was having an affair with Victor's then-wife, Julia; and if I'm not mistaken, not only did he have a video camera installed, so that Michael would be "forced" to watch him and Julia have sex; but when Julia discovered what Victor had done, she miscarried her baby in a fall.

• Members

Not me. I'll never forget that scene when Mrs. Danvers oh-so-gently reminded Ashley that Sabrina always enjoyed a nice cup of hot tea. Me: "Well, I'm having a Coca-Cola, so make like a step 'n' fetch it!"

• Members

A-ha! Interesting parrellels. It sort of bothers me that CE still sort of plays Adam as a frat-boy wasp. I see now why there was all the talk of re-casting him before. Tom Pelphry would have been SO awesome in this role. But CE is doing a good job, nonetheless, i just want more evil if he is indeed going evil. That "evil" laugh he gave after making that call to Heather a few weeks was weak. MJ though, that girl can cackle!

• Members

Haha! Estella did not like Ashley from day one and that's all on her. But Estella did make me feel for her today. i still want my tele-novela (Aye Dios Mio No me terminado, por favor Senor Newman. No me gusta!!!!!!)

• Members

It's not really about Estella for me. Nearly everyone can relate to how frustrating it is to be accused of something you haven't done. Then you have this working class woman who is unjustly caught in a war between the big boys. She's got this billionaire bully giving her "warnings". You can see how distraught she was at being accused of such an ugly thing and for me it pulls on the heart strings a bit. And it makes me want to slug Victor because I don't believe he'll apologize when he finds out the truth.

Sometimes soaps manage to tap into universal feelings. Earlier today I found myself tearing up at the promo of Starr finding out her baby is alive. Not because I care about Starr, but because the idea that such a fundamental loss can be restored taps into something bigger. Maybe some sort of universal wish fulfillment that we all know doesn't happen (or rarely happens) in real life.

• Members

When Sharon went crazy after Brad's death and we even got to see Doris after all these years, I was under the impression that MAB was planning a big storyline about her past, which would explain why Sharon was doing such things. Was it just me? Everything seems to be forgotten now.

• Members

There. Is that better Sylph? Not that this in anyway diminishes my love for TSJ. (Damn it didn't change, although I changed it in my settings. I'll work on it)

And Adam must not be killed off. It's clear that they have to kill off Cane. Lilly can't have two failed marriages before she graduated college.

Archived