Y&R: Week of March 9, 2009

• Members

It's like they have a play book for how to write a triangle/infidelity. Husband denies he's attracted. Wife swears she sees it. Husband kisses Siren. Wife sees it but says nothing. Later, much, much later, Wife confronts husband. It will never happen again, he says. Husband has sex with Siren.

I am already seeing this story play out.

I find it interesting that when they were casting for Karen, they wanted a 23-year old for Neil. Now, they've got one.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually had the same question-since no of it was about Adrianne.-just seemed like baiting IMO.

The Adam and Victor family chemistry is there--and amazing. I loved the scenes, and I'm glad there wasn't some sort of instant reunion. I like that.

And all yesterday did otherwise was remind me I had Trya and the whole dang story.

• Members

I was just noting that everything ends up being based on that actress, nothing else. And if you wouldn't respond to posts on a forum I wouldn't even be here. I don't care for the PM feature.

• Members

Except Lynn wanted the young version and hired the old one, while Maria replaced her with a younger one. And all because she was on ANTP.

They aren't even trying to work on Tyra, to develop her character. They just give these characters three-four episodes a month with just moving the plot along without any character development for Tyra.

• Members

That is a REALLY interesting idea that I had not considered. I just assumed that Adam was suffering the advanced stages of a degenerative disease linked to Hope's blindness.

The rash/dermatology stuff has also been unexplained (and Heather might like to know what that's about as well!). Maybe Adam needed a reason to go see a doctor -- any doctor -- in order to steal something he hoped might help or test his eyesight?

At any rate, I am THRILLED Chris Engen is back on my screen and bringing it. I'm not sure I understand why Gloria spent a few weeks in jail for murder then gets released on a technicality, while Adam is in the pokey for months and months because he had a couple of pages forged in his father's handwriting. OK, I know I am an AdamFF but I'm pretty sure forgery is the lesser of those two evils!

And CO-SIGN what DaytimeFan said: Adam & Victor's father-son chemistry far out-trumps the "yes, daddy, anything you say, daddy" stuff we get from Nicholas and Victoria. When they aren't being INCREDIBLY rude and dismissive of Ashley, they are being stone-cold bitches in the face of Adam's impending blindness. Nick practically inferred to Heather that the blindness was payback for betraying Victor. Wonder what is the payback for cheating on your wife?

And I know there are people who heart Nikki & Victor 4-Eva here, but I am liking Ashley-Victor just like I did back in the 80s. I wish they would build up Nikki & Paul, because I cannot deal with Nikki pining after the mustache after the way he treated her.

• Members

I love Katherine & Nikki scenes..... :wub:

I think Adam may be faking too, the way he was asking Victor about what would happen to him in jail made me lean more on the faking side of things.

I don't think Karen knows about Neil and Vicki's short lived relationship does she? I was thinking it would be interesting if they tried that pairing again if his marriage to Karen doesn't end up working out, of course they would need to bust up Vicki and JT's marriage to do that. Maybe when

returns

can add some tension and conflict that will shake up their marriage.

Eva Marcille could be a good actress someday if she took some acting classes and hired a personal acting coach, to bad that probably didn't happen when Tyra and Ana were written off the show awhile back before they returned.

• Members

For the Winters SL to work:

Neil needs to get a backbone,

Tyra needs to buy a personality.

I know Karen is the one we are meant to boo/hiss but Peeples is delivering. And Lord does she ever know it.

• Members

On GH, he could re-initiate the character of

gone bad once more.

was re-animated in the form of

, right?

could still be alive, right? So it would take nothing for ABC to move a mobster (a CHARMING mobster) from one show to the next.

Archived