Y&R: Week of March 9, 2009

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And that's just it. I think the lack of them on screen together had just pushed them to the back of my mind--but seeming them together, especially yesterday, I forgot just how hot the two are together. And I like the "Heather and Adam" against the rest of them too. That works totally.

Vail totally rocks in that photo--I'm liking Angel of Death.

And yes--the Kevin story is amazing! I will admit to being totally thinking it would be bad, but they've done the perfect transition with this and I can't wait to watch tonight,

• Members

Doug Davidson mentioned in an interview, I think when the Palley Center did the Y & R retrospective, that Carolyn Conwell who was the ONLY actor to portray Mary Williams has retired from the buisness, but he still gets a birthday card from her every year.

• Members

Cat - you hit the nail on the head with GR and EO. I just finished watching Wednesday's show and their performances were incredible. The pair of them are acting their asses off in this story.

When Clint told Kevin "Do what daddy tells you", I was like, OMG! I am so feeling everything Kevin is going through thanks to GR's performance.

This show is just fuckin amazing right now. It's firing on all cylinders and now that it looks like the Heather/Adam story is heating up again it just adds to my enjoyment. I love it!

• Members

If she has retired, then I think the viewers at least deserve a "Mary's living with Steve now" or "Mary's living with Todd now" throwaway line.

There needs to be SOME explanation of why she is not wrinkling her nose at Paul's latest/oldest romantic interest, and why she is not meddling and micromanaging Heather. It makes sense that she is away...or even dead...but they should ADDRESS this. As fan response to Doris shows, fans CARE about these little loose ends.

• Members

Doug isn't the only vet not respected for his talents or utilized well.

Doug is not going to get a storyline. The fact that he was paired with MTS and still can't get airtime proves that. Tracey Bregman is now on the list of barely used (2 appearances in four weeks). The fact that her name has not been mentioned in this Kevin storyline even though Lauren was one of Kevin's earliest and strongest supporters and has always been close to him proves that.

Christian LeBlanc's story and airtime has been reduced. He is Kay, Cane and Sharon's lawyer, but he is not involved in any of those stories. He is just peripherally involved in Kevin's story. Kristoff doesn't get a tremendous amount of airtime either. He may get more if he cheats on Karen with Tyra. Thad Luckinbill hasn't had much to do either. That won't change unless they have him cheating on Victoria.

Maria Bell loves the Newmans, Abbotts and Chancellors. Everyone not connected to the family is filler and the only way they will get story is if they are involved with one of the core family's story. I have no doubt that when Mac arrives on screen as well as Jack's new love interest they will get frontburner story and all the vets mentioned above will continue to be used as filler irregardless of their talent. That's if they aren't let go.

• Members

Not even Tracey is able to do so many appearances all the time, she is after all recurring.

Also, I am not sure I want to see her 20 times a month just talking to Eden or Gloria; I'd rather have a few quality scenes with Lauren being the real Lauren and not a prop.

• Members

As I said before, I liked Michael much better before Gloria and Kevin were established characters on this show. I just don't get why he likes Gloria and feels the need to hold her hand and cover up her messes. He spent years hating and ignoring Gloria, but when she does something illegal, he wants to save her and cover up what she did? Whatever. Gina was so right about Michael being "the hot shot lawyer that covers all the angles" and gets his criminal relatives freed. Kevin and Gloria haven't benefited Michael one bit in the longrun.

I prefer the creepy Michael that lusted after Christine and felt like the town pariah. Not to mention, he does have much stronger chemistry with Lauralee Bell, at least IMO. I personally do not care about Michael's family life.

And really, what's the difference between how Lauren is used now and between how she was used in the earlier part in the decade as a prop for teens?

I was recently watching the clip where Christine and Michael enter Gina's during a party for Paul, and Michael announces that he and Christine are engaged to be married, just to piss Paul off, and then Paul beats him up. Anyway, there was a part of that clip where Lauren is in her true bitchy self, and she berates Michael and Christine for being there. Tracey was so much more interesting as the bitch that wanted to eat Michael and Christine alive in that scene.

• Members

No wonder I am enjoying Y&R more. I couldn't stand the prominent given the Fisher/Baldwin clan under LML. I love that the Abbotts have more family members and along with the Chancellors are coming to the forefront.

• Members
Shh!! Hopefully, it's already come to fruition or maybe EB put the brakes on it?! :P

I nearly died laughing when Kevin showed up in that chipmunk mask! That was about all I caught of today's episode as I will have to catch it on SoapNet later tonight.

• Members

I am not saying she needs to be seen 20 times a month. I am saying she needs to be seen more than 2 times in four or five weeks. She needs to be seen when her brother in law has been kidnapped and all the family except Lauren is on screen. She needs to be seen because Lauren and Kevin have a special relationship and she went through the Tom storyline with him.

Lauren helped save Kevin from himself and we have yet to see her reaction to what is happening to him.

I would be happy if Tracey was on two times a week or eight times a month.

It seems such a contradiction that people believe it is a good thing that strong actors like Greg and Emily are finally getting a story and that Chris and Vail are going to get a story (which I agree with), but apparently it is just fine that Tracey, a strong actress herself, doesn't deserve or need a storyline after not having one for over two years. Why are people opposed to Tracey Bregman getting more airtime?

I would rather see Maria Bell write something good for Tracey to play than watch her be minimized not only on the show but also in Lauren's own family.

• Members

Gloria was prominent under LML and last year under Maria. Lauren and Michael, and Kevin and Jana were not. They were mere support for Gloria. Michael's story was as Phyllis and Victor's lawyer under LML and propper of Gloria. His big storyline under LML was the six week Pheila storyline which was a vehicle for Michelle Stafford that ended in Feb 2007. Lauren's only storyline was in the fall of 2006 when she gave birth to Fen and had PPD for a month or so and ended with Pheila. Even then they never dominated the show. The last time Michael and Lauren had a big story was in 2005 under Jack Smith and Kay Alden. They were turned into support almost immediately after LML took over.

I have no problem with Gloria being backburned. She is why people don't like the Fisher/Baldwin clan. That's why they need to free Kevin/Jana and Michael/Lauren from the albatross that is Gloria.

I don't have a problem with more Abbotts and the Chancellors getting more story. I just want to see balanced story and not some characters getting little to nothing to do while characters like Billy (a newbee) getting three of four stories. I like Billy Miller and he is good, but there are good veterans being wasted. If Maria eventually rotates these other actors in, then all will be good. If not, then that's a shame.

Archived