Y&R: Week of March 9, 2009

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Shhhhh. The thread worked just fine without that name mentioned this week. :) Just kiddin', I was not a least bit surprised she didn't get much.

Maybe Doug is on vacation... yeah, right.

It's actually quite easy to incorporate Paul in these storyline; they frequently talk on the phone with him, but he's nowhere to be seen.

Why isn't Davidson speaking up? At all? He's been there for 30 years. He must be okay with it. Imagine Braeden getting this type of a backburner (wait, don't, that's just impossible).

• Members

He must be used to it after all these years. The 2000's haven't been a good decade for Paul, and I don't think Davidson cares, he's one of the show's biggest cheerleaders in interviews.

Though, they could always expand on his relationship with Nikki, but as we know, Nikki will always be tied to Victor somehow.

No offense, dmarex, but I still can't get over BadZoe's "bag lady" comment. Vail is dressed hideously in your avatar pic, JMO.

• Members

They don't have any interest in expanding his business life anymore, so at least they could try the relationship with Nikki. It's just that Nikki is more interesting around Victor, obviously.

Maybe they are waiting for Lauralee Bell...

Okay, then the avatar is coming down; I don't know much about fashion so I really didn't mind anything in that avatar.

• Members

I loved seeing Heather and Adam together (kind of) they always worked for me, so the writers still having Heather care for Adam I like. And makes me want them back together. And the blind story works for me too---it's doing something for Adam that makes me start to care for him again (he became too much of a one note jerk).

Emily O'Brien impressed me, and proved that her emmy nomination wasn't a fluke.

• Members

dmarex, that is a GORGEOUS profile shot of Vail Bloom. Kudos also to Mark's avatar. ;)

I *loved* the Adam-Heather scenes. LOVED. I just want him to reach out and hold her! LOL.

Greg Rikaart and Emily O'Brien have proved Y&R must do whatever they can to keep these two. Comedy, drama, tragedy, pathos -- these two can do it all. I can barely sit through Kevin's scenes at the moment -- his screams in the closet tear me up.

This show is compulsive viewing for me at the moment. Literally, I have come home after work this week and almost immediately put Y&R on. Cannot get enough.

• Members

Me too. B)

I am surprised at how much angry and bored people are on other boards claiming that the show is just terrible. It's all about young people to them, they are not ready to wait for weeks for a story to unfold. That audience is the main reason why almost all soaps rush in and out of storylines.

• Members

That, Sylph, is the naked Joshua Morrow (Nick) being ravaged by Michelle Stafford (Phyllis) in a hot and steamy shower.

Is it really naughty? I guess I did feel a bit encouraged by brimike :). That's just 'cause I'm still picturing him as an "otter", and wondering what that means. :)

Seriously, the neglect of Davidson has been criminal. I actually started writing about it (elsewhere) in 2005, and I find amazing that it just got WORSE after he entered a "front-burner" romance with Nikki.

Regardless of opinions about the actress, the neglect of the CHARACTER of Colleen is appalling. Colleen should be a front-burner bitch on wheels, avenging her father, working with Jack... Instead we get ... nothing.

I just read Eric Braeden's lambasting, two regimes ago, of his show (here, here, and here). Things changed after that.

Doug ought to go out there, balls to the wall, and say this is unacceptable.

That said, I think if he got fired, he could just easily go to B&B. His son (Ricky) lives in LA and, as near as we can tell, so do Christine and Nina. That could be a real way to shake up the mortally wounded B&B, IMO.

What is with all this avatar commentary? I think Vail looks good in every way, quite frankly. (But especially in Maxim, to be truthful).

Doug Davidson is, sadly, the Y&R equivalent of Frank Dicopoulous.

I think Paul could be "rescued" in one fell swoop if my oft-requested twist (Amber's mom Tawny is really Paul's sis/Jack's ex Patty) happened. Suddenly, he'd have a crazy family, and have ties all over the canvas. Then, if they re-energized the Heather-Amber feud (law-and-order meet larcenous flake), all would be well. Lastly, a smouldering latino young Ricky could set hearts to melting all over the canvas. If Nikki were in the picture, she could hold her nose and be all snobbish at this loony Williams clan.

But, I suspect that Doug Davidson is in a holding deal, basically, until they script the return story for Christine that meets Lauralee Bell's approval. She has said (around the time of the Restless Style debut party) that she wanted to have a story with major impact for Paul. So, as one of Bill Sr. and Lauralee's faves, I think he's safe.

Basically, MAB apparently wanted to fire both Doug and Don (I guess in response to cost-cutting). She won in response to Don (I guess Brad Bell already had an idea where to fit that Bell-fave into B&B), but Doug holds at Y&R. Maybe Lee Phillip Bell will use his off-the-stove status as a way to convince Lauralee to come back.

Yes, I am hearing the exact same thing. Even from loyal defenders.

• Members

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with being naughty.

I wish they'd find a way to get Mary back. If they did the same with Doris, why not (at least briefly) with Mary? Or even Lynne? Both actresses are not working as far as I know.

It has been appalling ever since Jana returned to the show somewhere around June 2007. That just wasn't Colleen anymore.

I don't know why I always get a negative reaction at a suggestion for any Y&R star to go to B&B. Actually, I do know---it's because they'd be on for awhile and then they'd just ruin it. Bradley Bell wouldn't do good, I can already see it.

It's sad that his storyline has to depend on Lauralee. If Lauralee saw an episode of the show and realized that veterans are respected here (okay, minus Paul) then maybe she'd reconsider. Time will tell.

Frankly, me neither.

Archived