Y&R: Week of March 9, 2009

• Members

I am sure you are right, about Devon's origins.

(They also squandered Devon, early on, at the Rec Center. Initially VICTOR was his mentor. Remember when Victor spent nights there, because Devon was comfortable there, and because Devon's origins reminded him of his own? For a while I thought they were going to integrate this young African American rebel into Victor's life, with Dru as a supportive friend. That would have been interesting on so many levels).

What doesn't make sense, though, is why over the years they have built a whole family around Devon. That doesn't seem like a character they do not choose to invest in. First Yolanda. Later Ana and Tyra. It would have been so much easier to just send Devon to college.

That said, since the actor is around college age, I wonder if he has been pursuing his education, and if his light-in-story status is actually a concession to that? Is he under 18? If yes, that would also have tightly controlled his allowable time under the lights.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Colleen was talking about taking classes just a few weeks ago, and now suddenly she's working for Newman.

Meanwhile, Lily keeps talking about studying. Okay maybe not in the last few weeks, but before that she was all about studying.

• Members

Thank goodness I didn't read the entire message, once marla0518 said

, I stopped reading it. I hope others did as well. Not that I didn't know that was happening; but it'd be nice if people didn't repeat it. Not everyone knows that who visits the board.

Spoilers are really the downfall of enjoying any television programming.

• Members

Colleen was 14 in 2001, and then Lily was a year younger i think 13?? but anyway its 2009 now so i guess its realistic and they are right age.

Its the rest of the little kids who got sorased to much like Noah, Abby, Summer

• Members

Yes, I know, it's just seems like eternity. But that's what college is suppose to be like.

Noah and Abby are okay now, IMO. I wouldn't mind if they were kept little for a bit longer, but it's still okay.

Archived