Y&R: Week of March 9, 2009

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The new rules really allow Y&R to unfairly snub their own and submit some very suspect contenders. I hope that JC does get another. It shocked me to find out that last years was her first, she has lead this show for decades!!

• Members
Grow up already; my previous post was a joke!! Can no one utter TS' name without you getting all defensive?

It was him and spoilers indicate that

I haven't been interested in anything Winters' related since Dru left and I wasn't a huge fan of the character towards the end; just another thing that LML ruined.

• Members

But that's basically it. When they were created, they got their names and ever since then the writing has been bad and the acting didn't help it one bit.

The idea might have been good but the execution ruined it.

ITA. :)

• Members

Neil likes being the knight in shining armor. Tyra is impulsive and downtrodden, and she interests him. Olivia claimed that Tyra reminds her fo Dru and that Neil could have more passion with Tyra than with Karen.

Anyway, I think that Kristoff and Eva have really good sexual chemistry. Eva's good at playing kissing and sex scenes, and that's kind of important on soaps.

• Members

It's important for those two to three scenes but what about other scenes where she has to play different types of emotion?

I wish I could get more into this storyline, but it ain't happening.

• Members

He could have yelled out "stop it" or something and mentioned Karen's name.

This way, it just becomes way too easy to hate Neil.

But, at least Peeples will get a chance to expand her "memorable" scenes on the show.

• Members

Yes, Neil was introduced FOR Drucilla. He was the straight anchor to her mail-cart crashing self even then. He was the naysayer who tried to squash her modeling career. You're right...Neil was ALWAYS a supporting player...and he is lost as the lead.

I agree. Dru really was the force that made us interested in all the rest. Although Dru's final months on the show were kind of ruinous, even then--she is what made us care.

So, I'm reconsidering what someone else said upthread, "They're good characters". Maybe they're not! Without Malcolm and Dru and -- heck -- even Nathan and Olivia to make us care, we just....don't.

Is it OUT OF THE QUESTION that Rowell comes back? IMPOSSIBLE? How could it be accomplished?

• Members
Really and I agree that it does make it easier to hate Neil! Hell, I still have a hard time looking at Devon after LML had him lusting after Lily. Hopefully, he's done with the lusting after his relatives.

Agreed!

Archived