Y&R: Week of March 9, 2009

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After everything we've learned in the last year regarding Victoria Rowell, I"m starting to wonder if the creation of Devon's character was merely a way to appease her, throw her a bone and get her off their backs. And they were never really interested in it (or him) in the first place.

Was it Jack Smith and Kay Alden that created him?

• Members

Yes, he's a Smith/Alden creation, but outside of that initial foster care story, they never really did anything noteworthy with him, neither did Latham or Maria presently. I suppose there's a lot of merit to your guess. Like most of Latham's stories, his deafness ended as fast as it started, other than that, he's never had much material since then.

• Members

Well, the foster care storyline was Victoria Rowell's idea because of her own experience and it was his big storyline, but he earned his emmy for scenes when he found out his mother was back on drugs.

I am not a big fan of th actor and find him bland, but in fairness Maria Bell has given him nothing to do. If she doesn't plan on using him, write him off.

• Members

I might like the character of Devon more if they didn't have him lusting after Lilly for as long as he did.

As for Bryton I might like him more if he used his freaking last name!

For the person who mentioned Michael Jackson when talking about Bryton, this is for you. ;)

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265">

• Members

Chris Egan is good at playing a jerk, angry, and the petulant son. This story has started well, but if he is really blind and this is not a scam, I hope he has improved in playing devastation and sadness. That's where I found his acting to be lacking. I felt no sadness when his father supposedly died and little when his friend was murdered. Chris took me out of his scenes whenever he was asked to portray sadness and I would imagine going blind would be devastatating and incredibly sad especially if it happens to someone so young.

MTS as Nikki finally accepting that she was talking to Katherine made me smile. It was a great scene. I do wish that they would allow Katherine to show a bit of concern for Kevin who risked his life for her and is now missing.

• Members

NO WAY! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Oh. My. God.

I'm even more grossed out...anything having to do with Michael Jackson is just...ick.

We have different views on Chris Engen...I don't think he plays angry well at all...I think he's at his best when he's beaten down into the sad little boy that he always has been. The way he was like "what am I going to do Dad?" was really moving. Oh well, different strokes for different folks.

The only good thing about Neil (die Neil die!) and Tyra (who sucks) having sex was the background music.

• Members

HATE Neil now. This story has destroyed him for me. Tyra can also go to hell. Karen needs to come and "Lorena Bobbit" him good and then shank the little whore.

Love the Victor/Adam stuff and what an intersting twist having him go blinde. IM really digging this angle

Archived