Y&R: Week of March 9, 2009

• Members

I feel Devon would be more of a presence if McClure was a more magnetic performer. At this point, Devon is the sole representation for the younger black male in Genoa City. For him to have been through everything he has, we should be seeing some struggle with him. There's never any exploration of those roots. There's nothing. If MAB has no plans for Devon(which she CLEARLY doesn't), she should ship him off, recast the role with a more layered actor or create another younger black male altogether. Maybe Yolanda has another son? I've long felt that we need an alternative to Neil Winters as well. Neil is so vanilla but the more I think about it, so are majority of the men in Genoa City. Where are the sexy bad boys? Recast Malcolm and have him storm back into town with his shirt off and causing problems.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just recently started watching it in HD and indeed there is a vast difference. Especially when it is a Paul Rauch overlit episode. :lol:

As for Devon: ever since that Lily crush he's all kinds of icky. More so he's just bland. As many others suggested: either recast or ship him off.

• Members

First Mykel was 20 20 years ago.

Second Mykel was NOT hired for his acting.

Third it doesn't matter WHAT minority actors look like or HOW charismatic they are if TPTB refuse to write for them.

Keep them both.

Two black young black males on the same show?

Perish the thought!

He's as good as any of his peers.

But the racism is horrible.

Malcolm needs to stay gone.

Thanks Christel!

Chris is good.

He's much more Heather Tom than Josh or Amelia.

• Members

I don't find any "lacking" in Chris' acting. He's doing great and he's been a joy to watch, as opposed to other Newman children.

Meanwhile, what is happening to Victoria should just simply be called a "crime." She's now what Colleen was for the last two years, only a dayplayer with family connections. Any normal person would ask themselves why exactly do some of these contract actors have a contract if they're doing absolutely nothing.

• Members

Recasting Victoria was always Jack Smith's big FU to Heather Tom. Ever since Amelia's been in that role, they've never written Victoria the way she's supposed to be written, no matter which writing regime. And the storylines they did give her were about someone else, like Brad or Victor.

But really, Amelia will never be the Victoria a lot of us want. This role needs to be played by a Heather Tom or Gina Tognoni-type actress, Amelia is too damsel in distress for this part. She's better suited for heroine type roles, which isn't Victoria.

• Members

But even if we are stuck with her for a long haul, they should at least try to give her a story. If either Amelia or Thad have something against the couple being split (which is the only way I'd find these two interesting again) then they should tell them to either go along with the story or be fired.

Maybe Victoria's next story (for the entire 2009) will be complaining about Adam again, while J.T. story of the entire 2009 could be getting promoted at Newman Enterprises. It's tragic.

Archived