Y&R: Week of March 9, 2009

• Members

Why would Jack be jealous of what Phyllis and Nick have? Why would anyone for that matter? What they have is a sham marriage based on sex. And Phyllis is a piece of work. I may not be a fan of Jack, but Jack went to the wall for Phyllis when he got her in that work release program and out of prison. He was there for her when Daniel was on trial. He delivered her baby and so she now has her miracle child. When she was having problems, he furnished an apartment for her. When her son and his new wife were young and had no money, he let them stay on his property and rented an apartment to Daniel, Lily and Devon.

Jack may have not been the perfect husband, but he has been there for Phyllis in some of her toughest times and Phyllis treats him like crap.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And Jack treats Phyllis worse than crap just like today. She has been there for him as well so it's even. I think maybe the focus on Phick sex should be turned off a tad. :lol: We haven't seen them have sex onscreen since last December I believe. Do you know that psychologists, divorce attorneys and marriage counselors say having a healthy sex life with one's spouse is a HUGE ingredient to what makes a marriage successful. I would like think that some intelligent writer on the Y&R staff found that stat somewhere and is using it because it is very true.

But anyway it was very clear what the writers were trying to convey with that scene, Jack was embarassed and angry that Sharon in the throes of supposedly passion with him screamed, "Oh Nick, Nick, Nick"..and who should walk in but Nick with the Phyllis, his ex-wife who fell in love with Nick too. Ouch, poor Jackie, NOT!!

• Members

When has Phyllis been there for Jack in a real substantial way? When she was playing games with his marriage in order to save her floundering one? A healthy sex life is huge but not the be all and end all and I doubt many psychologists would suggest the way to deal with infidelity would be to have hot sex. They would suggest counseling, rebuilding trust, talking about issues, giving the injured spouse time to forgive, dealing with issues openly and honestly. I don't think making out with the ex and then having hot sex with the wife because he was revved up by said ex or because of some power play is the natural course for marriage therapy.

Well, of course how could I think Phick was all about sex. Now granted, my view is scewed since Michael and Lauren "the token happily married couple" haven't had sex on screen in two and a half years, but I wouldn't expect Phyllis to want to jump into the sack with Nick mere days after she found out he had sex with Sharon which was in late January. Up to then they were fighting because Phyllis was plotting and worried Nick would cheat with Sharon.

• Members

Lol @ the "mustache baby" comment . classic! The "Australian sleeping pill" also classic!

In anycase todays episode was all around good. Loved the Phyllis/Jack scenes minus Nick and equally the Nick Jack scenes minus Phyllis. Emily O' Brien was good too loved her going at Gloria.

J. Cooper just sells Katherine's dilemma like the master she is

The downside for me today was this Ashley/Victor nonsense

• Members

Anyone catch Jill's little comment when Jack asked her if she was positive it wasn't Katherine in that hospital bed.... "She's not my mother.... if she was my mother I'd feel it..."

So cryptic.... add that to the side of MAB is about to undo the greatest injustice to Y&R....

The baby mustache comment I called in the spoiler thread regarding Ashley's pregnancy last week, I couldn't believe it when Jack actually said it :lol:

• Members

You threw out statements like rape and domestic abuse- sorry, but you don't do that without actually having watched the scene. If your friends and family want to come her and post about it, that's their perogative but for you to come out with those statements was completely bogus and inappropriate.

• Members

What you said. I swear, fan bases can rationalize anything. Who else would describe what Phyllis and Nick avoidance sex fests as a healthy sex life?! Phyllis doesn't want to talk about Nick's infidelity and interest in Sharon. Nick goes back and forth between both women and has constant sex with his wife and trying nail his ex-wife. So Phyllis and Nick have sex fests to avoid the mess that is their marriage. It is pure craziness. Jack has no reason to be jealous of that disgusting relationship.

• Members

Phyllis & Nick are trying to relive the "high" of their affair.

Phyllis knows Nick is addicted to that high. That's why he keeps sniffing around Sharon, now the "other woman."

She also knows where his hands and mouth were during Ashley's baby announcement. Otherwise why brag to Sharon about what an animal he was during sex? Maybe she thinks she's being very avant-garde -- willing to look away when he fondles Sharon. As long as he comes back to her at night! She's been doing the same thing for the past year. Look at the hot, sexy model, Nick. Aren't I the coolest wife ever, letting you do that?

Honestly, I don't know who is worse off, Phyllis or Sharon. Even in the midst of a mental breakdown, Sharon knows Nick is messing with her. Phyllis thinks she's so together and with-it and that is going to save her marriage. That is one HUGE delusion.

• Members

I think Phyllis is trying to be the direct opposite of Sharon, what does Sharon do when Nicktooless cheats??? She tosses him out on his butt and goes out and cheats in retribution, and then they sweep their affairs under the rug and have fantasy make up sex and wash, rinse and repeat. Phyllis is fighting for her marriage and family, something she has ALWAYS wanted, she talked about "family" when they got married, she does not want to fail and by giving up she would fail. I don't think she has turned and looked the other way, she has called Nickteooless on it, she knows he went to Sharon's room, but he was not gone for a half hour or an hour, more like 5 minutes, I am sure she found him coming back down the stairs ( does this ritzy hotel not have a damn elevator???) knowing where he was and with whom, and that he was not gone long enough to "do" anything. But I do think that Phyllis has reached the end of her rope with this whole obsession Nicktooless has with all things Sharon. And I think her penthouse is now available (Billy has moved out to deal with the Cane/Lily obsession with Delia) for a reason! I want Phyllis to pack up and move her and Summer "HOME" and let Nick deal on his own, I want to hear her tell him after he gets one of Sharon's frantic "I need you" phone calls "If you walk out that door to go see her, take care of her, be with her, your daughter and I will not be here when you come back" and JUST DO IT!!!

Let Nicktooless fight for Phyllis and their family, instead Phyllis being the one doing all of the work! I hope Nicktooless will finally realize that the love he has for Sharon is a love of the past for real!!! instead of just saying it he needs to own it. No love stays the same, it changes, it matures, it evolves.....and that is something the SHICK marriage never did....evolve.

on another note, love seeing Sharon just be Sharon, all the sex with her BIL which I only hope keeps happening and I can not wait for Jack to find out and Noah and Nicktooless!!! I don't see her as having an "illness" I just see Sharon being Sharon!!! , sick of Cane and his attached at the hip hair model, sick of Jill thinking she only has one son!!! and I want a wrap up of this Katherine/Marge thing!! but I am loving Kevin's downward spiral (maybe him and Sharon can be roomies at the looney bin!!) and Greg will definately deserve an Emmy for this work, also I am on the fence about Adam, is he really going blind or is it all a ruse to get back at Victor and his family???, Michael and Lauren as a couple are nothing really but supporting, supporting characters, I wish they would move along the Nikki and Paul storyline!!! and as for the Winters....who cares!!!

• Members

Oh, believe me, I don't think Shick was the better relationship. Both were/are equally fucked up.

Dysfunctional? Yes. But at least Nick knows that if he gets caught, there is going to be some punishment. With Phyllis, he's getting a free pass.

I totally agree. But is it worth losing your own sense of worth for this guy? Is this what she wants to teach Summer -- that guys cheat, that's their thing, Mommy doesn't worry about it, why should you? It's ok if a guy cheats on you because -- that's just the way they are? So don't demand to be treated better because that only scares guys away?

LMAO!! Only 5 minutes! Well, clearly, nothing happened then.

Of all people, Phyllis should know what can be done in 5 minutes. After all, seconds before, they had disappeared for some "Quality Time" of their own in the GCAC bathroom.

But is this really the solution? Nick wants what he can't have. After a while, he gets Phyllis back and... the cycle continues?

IMO, this is a great soap SL because Nick is in love with two women. And that is an unfixable dilemma. Right now he is having his cake AND eating it (literally), though. And Phyllis is letting him. In fact, she's practically encouraging Sharon to sex Nick up so that he can come home and "finish the job" with Phyllis.

• Members

I did not see it as Phyllis telling Sharon "thanks" for starting Nick's engine, because Phyllis already had it "purring" long before Sharon came crawling out of the bushes to pout "oh really, never again!" and strut up the stairs, knowing that Nick hates seeing her hurt and would soon be up to check on her, I really don't think Sharon is "sick" but doing all "this" (the stealing and slutting around) to "get" Nick!. I saw it more as Phyllis letting Sharon know, yes I know my husband has feelings for you that he can not shake, but, you are not the one that is married to him now and you are not the one that HE has chosen to be with NOW", a little bit of the old Phyllis sarcasam, sure she knows but I think Phyllis thinks that Sharon assumes that since Nick is soooo conflicted that him and Phyllis are not "connected" that way, Sharon thinks that she has such a hold on Nick that she if foremost on Nick's mind and Phyllis wanted to let Sharon KNOW that is not the way it is. I really do think that Sharon does not think Nick has sex with Phyllis at all!!!

Archived