Y&R: Week of March 9, 2009

• Members

Good grief. I don't know which couple was more smug, obnoxious and annoying today, Cane and Lily or Nick and Phyllis. Cane is a fool. Lily has become a Stepford fiancee.

Nick and Phyllis should know better than to taunt Jack about Ashley's pregnancy. Phyllis better not coming running to Jack for him to comfort her after Nick tires of their marathon sex sessions and realizes that he doesn't want to be married to her butt.

Thank goodness for Billy and Chloe. The only sane younger couple on this show.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Becki I have a family member that was abused by her husband and raped, your statement was asinine and uncalled for, a slap in the face of any woman who has lived through spousal abuse and/or rape!

How can you make such a comment when you did not even watch the DAMN scene!!!

• Members

I don't think Phyllis would have come out "swinging" if Jack had not baited her about Brad, when Phyllis was not the one that "sent" Brad to see Sharon, that would have been Tracy and Nikki. Maybe Jack was taking out his "frustrations" about Sharon moaning "aaahhhh Nick" while he was "trying" to make love to Sharon on Phyllis.

Funny Phyllis was not in the room!! Phyllis and Jack are pro's at hitting them where it hurts, and Nick is right there with them, he got his digs in just like Jack and Phyllis!!

• Members

Today show was good and i like how the stories at are a point now where no one is REALLY right or wrong which is how it should be IMO. But what does everyone think about ashley and this baby. She is really nervous about something bad happening. Wouldnt it be crazy to see her find out about the Jabot mess Victor created then she loses the baby, goes off the deep end just like Sharon and they both end up in the looney bin......they would rock those scenes together

• Members

another LOL moment when Jack and Billy were having a drink discussing Ashley's baby and Jack says something her carrying "baby mustache" and that she needs protection from him. and billy says "I think its a little late for protection".....i died

• Members

Ashley has only carried one child to term, she has just reason to be concerned! Victor's behind the scene antics will come back to bite him in the butt, and Ashley will regret the day she aligned herself with Victor again. And Ashley has been "committed" before, I don't think Jack will allow that again.

• Members

I am not crazy about this Kevin story because it is hard to watch, but I love watching Greg as Kevin given great scenes. I loved the original Kevin story when Michael and Lauren helped save Kevin with help later from Mac. I wonder if Mac will play a role in Kevin's story since they were close friends before she left and owned the coffee house together?

Emily O'Brien is a real talent and so young. I am glad she is getting to show her stuff. I have one big problem with Kevin's story though. Where is Lauren? She played a huge part in the original Kevin story and yet while Maria is repeating so many other stories from the past, having Lauren not part of this Kevin story is a mistake.

She is not only Michael's support, but Kevin and Lauren have always had a very close relationship and she was the first one who saw promise in Kevin and gave him a break. Tracey may be recurring but it won't break the bank to have her play support for her own family at least. It is complete waste of talent that she has been on the show two episodes in the last month and Maria and crew can't even fit her into her own family's story.

• Members

We don't know the full circumstances for why Lauren wasn't on while the rest of the family was on. I do know Tracey teaches acting classes on the side and has other business ventures, how do we know something else isn't eating her time? She owes the show nothing, since she's recurring. If she doesn't want to come in for a few days that's her choosing. Seeing as she doesn't have a major storyline right now, she's probably focusing on other things, as she should. The Kevin storyline is just beginning, I'd be worried if we don't see her on more in the coming weeks.

I understand you love Michael and Lauren, but it appears all of your posts is about them in some way. Maybe it's because I'm not a member of any fanbase, I just watch the show for watching it, but one or two characters don't make or break a storyline/show for me. I like some characters more than others, but I've never really been that into anyone.

• Members

Why should this show focus on someone "old" like Lauren, when there are so many young, skinny but totally sexy vixens languishing on the back burner, just desperate to rescue Kevin and get to be part of his front burner storyline?! :P

• Members

Ding, ding, ding...and what PRIZE shall we give you today because you have earned it. :) This is exactly what was happening in that scene. And to top it off, Jack is jealous as heck of what Nick and Phyllis share!! Love seeing Nick roll his eyes when Jack was sarcastic about Victor's birthday and then the smirk when they both realize that Jack didn't know about the pregnancy yet!! :lol:

I love Lauren but this is funny!!! :lol::lol:

• Members

Phyllis and Nick act like jackasses today. I'm going to enjoy watching their fragile pretend lives come crumbling down. Couldn't happen to a more deserving pair of fools. As if Jack would be jealous of their loser house of lies.

Tyra is fool passing up detective hottie for Neil. The detective makes me drool. I would love to see him shirtless. Bet he is cut.

• Members

She doesn't teach acting classes, she takes them. She did an interview last spring and the announcers mixed it up. I saw Tracey in person last August and asked her about her lack of storyline. She told me she missed not being on as much and liked being a part of a major story. She mentioned the change in writers and how it has effected her screentime. She was not unprofessional, just seemed disappointed like her fans that she was not on much. In Decemeber she said in an interview that Maria Bell told her and Christian she liked them as the happily married couple and liked them solving their problems together. Tracey was hoping to be involved more. Too bad we don't see much of the relationship Maria claims to like on screen.

Tracey takes time off in the summer for her kids and may take a vacation here or there but I doubt she is not available for over a month. She has been written off four entire weeks this year. She should at least be used as support in this Kevin story. She always has been involved when the family is in crisis. It is a writer's choice.

Yes, Lauren and Michael are my favorites, but I watch the whole show. So many talk of how wonderful everything is. I think if you are a fan of the Newmans, Abbotts and Chancellors I imagine the show must be great right about now. I just think it could be better if you used talents like Tracey and Christian more.

As for other storylines, I don't particularly care for the trashy triangle of Nick, Sharon and Phyllis. It was intriguing at first but after three years, I have had enough. Trashley being pregnant by Victor is ridiculous and who really wants to see this, so what can I say about that? I didnt't like this story with Sabrina last year, so I don't want to watch it again. Of course, if it plays out like last year, I will probably get to see Lauren carting wedding dresses over to the ranch and Michael being at Victor's beck and call. :rolleyes:

The Jr quad is ok, but only for Chloe and Billy who I find interesting and played by two good young actors. It is absurd that Cane and Lily think they should have the right to take away the biological child of another couple. I find Cane and Lily boring and played by merely adequate actors. I loved the Katherine story, but it has turned into farce with a character, Clint, I didn't like years ago. I may have gotten a chuckle out of Annie, but Clint is a lousy actor and this farce has turned into something dark with the Kevin storyline. I just want Katherine to get her memory back and move on with the story.

I sympathize with Sharon, but having Sharon Case parade around half naked and sleep around with all these men is an excuse to add more titillating sex in the guise of a story about mental illness. Almost every couple is cheating and Lauren and Michael remain happily married but rarely used.

But you see, most of you like the show and I don't want to be all negative so I focus on complaining about the lack of Lauren or the lack of the Likey story. I know most don't care, but I do so I post about it. Just like people do when their favorites are being backburned. For a long time I didn't complain about it, but after three years I am tired of waiting for them to get a story so I vent. It is therapuetic for me.

• Members

But of course their fragile marriage has to crumble, I hope no one is expecting it not to. :lol: :lol: I expect to see rip roaring fights, arguments, insecurities abound, Nick acting like a jerk, Phyllis doing what she does best when she feels threatened. All good stuff to this viewer. Can't wait to see Joshua & Michelle sink their teeth into this one!! It is going to be very interesting watching to see if they find their way back to each other, I hope it takes a while because then I will feel shortchanged and dissatisfied!! :angry:

As for Jack, no worries, his time is coming. Lots of things he doesn't know ROFL!! :lol:

Archived