Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Just horrifying in every way that 5 people's private, cult extremist religious views have now been imposed on a population of 329mn who do not in the main share that view. These monsters pretend to care about the 'sanctity of life' but what about the sanctity of lives lost to gun violence? Or to dangerous, back-alley abortions? It's such a hypocrisy, I want to throw up!

ETA:  *And by 5, I mean 7, of course. 

Please register in order to view this content

This whole look screams 1938 Bavarian Master Race cosplay.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Yeah, it just feels like Christian Nationalism. For me, I believe that a woman has a right to choose, and in the grand scheme of things, it's really none of my business and it shouldn't be anyone else's business either. If people would just simply shut up and mind their own damn business, then we wouldn't have conflict. Seriously. For 50 years, what was happening? Were dead fetuses just showing up on people's front door steps? 

• Members

Totally agree! Whose life am I inconveniencing when I go to the pharmacy to get birth-control? Or make an appointment with an OB-0GYN for possibly a check-up, possibly to arrange a termination? Nobody! This is just Christian virtue signalling -- I'm Chrishun, I'm Chrishun! Look how good I am! I'm bossing you around in the Name of the Lord! A distraction tactic to get one over the libs and avoid dealing with the many problems we face today. Total bullshit.

ETA: I remember talking with a friend who is a nurse in MO, and she said there is already a shortage of OB-GYNs there, especially those with childbirth experience/speciality. So a ruling like this further imperils women's and unborn babies' lives as demand for OB-GYNs grows.

How did he phrase it? 

Edited by Cat

• Members

Yep, yep. And it is going to be vicious and I expect bombs on outside of work activities to be dropped.

But...WOW. This makes me feel so kinda of way. I feel for all of my female friends right now. I know of one close friends that will be having to deal with a lot of our Arkansan female friends dealing with the ignorance of it all so my heart goes out to everyone. 

It was put out there into law for a reason. It had been there for decades for a reason. To see it just overturned...just...wow.

• Members

Wow, they actually did it??  They actually went against Roe vs Wade? 

Please register in order to view this content

I'm so sorry for all of you. It honestly feels like humanity is hurtling backwards at an alarming speed.  

Edited by I Am A Swede

• Members

The indignity that those 6-7 justices lording it over us right now include Handmaid Crazy-Eyes, Drunken Fratboy and the sleaze with the QAnon wife.

Ah yes here he is, right on cue, pretending that striking down Roe v Wade can in any way be applied to Griswold, Obergefell... maybe even Brown. Nothing but a Trump Party lackey, that one.

• Members

I didn't mean to express that people need to shut up in general and I hope that's not how others interpreted it. No, I think that people should have a voice. Of course! If reproductive, civil, or human rights are being stripped away, then people have every right to let their voices be heard. I guess what I don't get is how these matters are just being thrown to states to decide. It's not just abortion, but I also haven't heard much about voting rights. It was once a topic talked about A LOT, but seems to have diminished into the crimson sunset. Again, what I'm NOT understanding is WHY the federal legislative and judicial branches are acting in such a passive demeanor. Instead, they're just throwing these important social issues for the states to decide. Yeah, throw a dog a bone. Am I making sense? Because my brain tends to have a gazillion things going on, so I don't know if my thoughts are making any coherent sense. But, at least I'm trying to make my point across.

Edited by Noel

• Members

People really do not fully comprehend how this will potentially impact everyone, not just women and not just women in child-bearing years. Even in states where the governor and state legislature has vowed to protect a woman’s right to an abortion, stands to be the unintended consequence of women in need of abortions coming to these states and overwhelming the health systems, that is, those who will even be able to get (t)here.

There will be so many unintended consequences as a result of this law (which has been law since before I was born) being overturned and a great many of these consequences will ultimately be tragic.

If you think poverty in the U.S. is bad now, wait a few years with an overturned Roe v. Wade in effect.

• Members

A far right conservative majority SCOTUS is making far right conservative decisions. For those that care to listen or pay attention, conservatives have been implementing their laws on the local and state levels and  SCOTUS is their control to make sure those laws won't be overturned.