Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I am perplexed at the stupidity of the American voter.   I understand inflation and oil prices and why this is happening, but most people don't seem to care.  Plus is consumption of oil and food products down? The demand and consumption regardless of the raising prices remains consistent.

Steve Bannon is a dangerous sociopath.  And this guy is indicted and this is what we hear. And it gets back to the justice department.

Bannon to Garland over Jan. 6 hearings: Indict Trump and we'll impeach you - CNN Video

I understand justice takes time, but this idea in the US that no one is above the law is and has been as we all know a farce for centuries.  

As for Trump, he's a criminal. We all know it and I get it's all about what you can prove in court. But the only ones who seem to be holding him accountable are black women(Georgia and New York).

When I hear how its too political, I think that's a load of hogwash.  Leaders have been prosecuted in other democracies.  Berlusconi in Italy, Sarkozy in France. I am not for a political witch hunt and I am not even saying Trump should be prosecuted (going broke would kill him), but I do think that what appears to be no justice for the powerful is dampening some level of enthusiasm.

The hearings are important, but what will happen if the hearings end and that's it. After seeing all the evidence if nothing happens.

Ford lost the presidency for no reason other than pardoning Nixon.

I think Biden is doing a good job. And I am not saying this as a democrat but as an American. Maybe too good that so many people think we are back to politics as normal, blame the president, and pretend the GOP is a normal party, not the danger they are more than ever, to the country.

Rant over.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

They simply need to find him guilty of one felony and then commute his sentence so that he is unable to hold office again.  I really want him in jail, but knowing he can't be president again would be better than nothing.

• Members

Wooo-weee. This is really startin' to grind my gears. There is not enough social psychology in THE WORLD that could make me think this type of behavior should be deemed "normalized" in this dangerous social media society.

• Members

Both Vice Presidential candidates in the national election identify as Afro-Colombian women. The leftist candidate Gustavo Petro and his vice-presidential running mate Francia Márquez Mina were just proclaimed the winners after a runoff.

As much as Latin America may not look at the U.S. as any sort of ideal or beacon, you cannot tell me that seeing a Vice President Kamala Harris wasn’t meaningful.