Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This seems so odd to me. On the one hand I admire that France has a secular government, but my American sensibilities balk at this level of government control (Always remember the forced birthers are the minority). I also feel bad for the individuals. It's not like these women are just going to throw on a bikini. They just won't be allowed to swim.

I wonder if there is any chance Beto can win?

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

You won't have heard about it, because it wasn't high on the list of national priorities (I had forgotten this was even happening), but longtime media darling  George P Bush, whom we were told over and over would be the first Latino President, lost in a landslide in his attempt at running for Texas attorney general. Like all the Bushes, he is a homophobe (promising to defend marriage if elected), has the charisma of a dead tree, and is craven to the core (cozying up to  Trump over his own father), but he did not have the timing, luck, or connections to pull it off. 

Good riddance to bad trash.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/05/24/texas-attorney-general-runoff-results-ken-paxton-george-p-bush/

• Members

Regarding the burkini ban -- will they ban wetsuits as well?

This gives a different meaning to "fashion police".
Who will judge whether it's a garment to prevent cold or a garment to cover modesty?

Edited by janea4old