The Politics Thread

• Members

I would assume that people would be at home? I do find it odd that FOX NEWS is not covering it. I mean, hey, if it were Al Qaida, they'd be all over it like maple syrup to a stack of blueberry pancakes. Regardless of political affiliation, innocent people died due to this selfish dumb ass of a vile pig. I called him a vile pig when he said that Mexicans were rapists, and I called him a pig when he suggested that he could grap Ari Zucker by the p*ssi while he popped a Tic-Tac in his mouth. And guess what? I'm still calling him a vile pig to this day. I CANNOT FATHOM why innocent cops slid in floor-covered blood and grossly endured sh*t-covered walls because of this dumb ass.

What do we do? Well, it's up to us and our humanitarian action of kindness. And VOTE.

Edited by Noel

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, I thought about this after I posted last night and thought of my friends on the West coast, one of which texted me earlier that day. I guess this first session was done at that time because at some point in the televised session, it would hit prime time viewing in all U.S. time zones for maximum exposure. The next session, which is on Monday is in the morning though.

Fox News channel, like much of the GOP is in serious denial. 

• Members

Well, unless there's much more to the story than meets the eye. Hearings are not over yet. From what I can vaguely remember, I believe I recall brief mentioning's of Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham in early 2021. Perhaps what the House Committee has is some additional facts that tarnishes them. But, of course, that's speculation on my part. 

I know I got heated, but no. I refuse to respect anyone as vile as he is. Doesn't matter which political party to me. Where I reside, he hasn't been banned or anything, but he knows better. Cuz we don't like his ass. And he knows better than to be a fool. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Noel

• Members

Haberman and Baker, who were still attempting to carry water for Kushner less than 48 hours ago, are now trying to hitch their wagon to the mood of the major coverage instead with these decent readouts. But make no mistake, they are both access-driven opportunists.

• Members

I was watching the insurrection happening live on the internet while it was originally happening way back on Jan. 6, 2021, and posting about it here on this thread as it happened along with others on this thread - we were all posting live updates here. 

It was terrifying.

Regarding last night (June 9, 2022)'s hearing -- they specifically said that it would be broadcast in primetime. The word "primetime" was used.   They wanted it to air live to allow as many as possible to see the footage.  They chose a start time of 8:00pm eastern and 5:00pm Pacific for the live hearing, so as to include as many Americans as possible.

The committee is aware that a lot of Americans don't know what happened that day, not really.  They aired a lot of footage last night.  They were aware that it's not like the Watergate era when the citizenry voluntarily watched the hearings.  Now they had to bill it as a primetime event.

At first, I didn't want to bother to watch last night, because I thought I had already seen it ... but then I decided to watch as a witness to whatever additional new footage would be shown, and there was indeed a lot of footage I hadn't seen before.  Plus I watched the whole thing as a *respect* for the process. Respect for the congressional investigation process, respect for those who testified, etc.  
Respect for truth.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Nielsen reports a whopping 20 million people watched Jan. 6 committee opening hearing last night: ABC with 4.8M, MSNBC with 4.1M, NBC with 3.5M, CBS with 3.3M, CNN with 2.6M.

Fox which usually beats MSNBC fell to 3.0M only ahead of CNN. Fox refused to show the hearings.

• Members

Schedule of the televised January 6th hearings, so far:

Thursday, June 9 at 8 p.m. EDT

Monday, June 13 at 10 a.m. EDT
Focus on the fact the former president Donald Tr*mp knew he had lost being reelected, but despite that, he engaged in a "massive effort to spread false and fraudulent information".

Wednesday, June 15, at 10 a.m. EDT
Viewers will learn that senior leadership in the Department of Justice and White House threatened to resign, confronting Tr*mp in the Oval Office.
EDIT - this June 15 hearing about DOJ has been moved to later in June.

Thursday, June 16 at 1:00 p.m. EDT
Focus on the former president's efforts to "pressure" former Vice President Mike Pence to overturn the election.

Tuesday, June 21 (time to be announced)
Focus on the president's efforts to pressure state legislators and state election officials to change the election results, including additional details about Trump's call to Georgia officials urging them to “find” 11,780 votes.

There will be  additional hearings in June.
(dates and times to be announced).

Edited by janea4old

• Members

^ tweets about the postponement of June 15th hearing

Updated Schedule

The Wed. June 15 hearing is postponed.
Its topic was to be about how senior leadership in the Department of Justice and White House threatened to resign, confronting Tr*mp in the Oval Office.
That hearing/topic has been moved to later in June, possibly during week of June 20th.

Thursday, June 16 at 1:00 p.m. EDT
This hearing will proceed as planned with its focus on the former president's efforts to "pressure" former Vice President Mike Pence to overturn the election.

Tuesday, June 21 (time TBA) (Date subject to change)
Focus on the president's efforts to pressure state legislators and state election officials to change the election results, including additional details about Tr*mp's call to Georgia officials urging them to “find” 11,780 votes.

Unknown date in June: The rescheduled hearing about how senior leadership in the Department of Justice and White House threatened to resign, confronting Tr*mp in the Oval Office.

Edited by janea4old