Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I really hope so. It seems like so much of the news that I have read recently seems so focused on what the Biden. administration has not been able to accomplish without giving as much focus on what has been blocking the way.

Please let there be some good changes between now and the midterm elections.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I'm taking aim at Manchin. The rest is simple reporting of what may or may not be on the docket this week for this, which I think is newsworthy. But no, on gun control I don't think it's a particularly harsh take to say no one in power is doing enough.

Chris Murphy, for example, is a good man and is very passionate about gun control. But tonight, as he talks about it, he claims he thinks he can get ten GOP votes for 'something about guns.' I think he's living a rich fantasy life. Because it doesn't matter what the 'sensible' Republicans tell their friends across the aisle in hushed tones in cloakrooms; it matters what they do on the record. I don't believe there will ever be ten Republican votes for any gun control before I'm 50, at the very least. Maybe not before I'm dead.

But regardless, that still doesn't leave the rest of us, elected or unelected, without a responsibility that goes beyond floor speeches and messaging votes. I've had enough of those. And I know we've all had enough, so I can sympathize with all of us.

• Members

Trump has never been as influential in primaries as he's made out to be. It's that the media obsesses over any endorsement he makes. 

Speaking of Georgia, Lucy McBath, who beat a truly brain dead Republican hack (Karen Handel) for a swing district in 2018, was put into another district and won her primary tonight against a fellow Congresswoman. She ran for office due to  losing her son to gun violence, so today must be all the bitter and none of the sweet. 

• Members

Beto should take it to him. He can win there. And he's right to do this - the fact is he is in front of a mic, with cameras, preaching Democratic and liberal values, and there needs to be more of that all day, everyday in the current environment. Because if the vapid rich in cable news can't find a Dem to show out and get in front of a mic they will happily put on another ten Republicans, or guys like DeSantis, who has never met a podium he doesn't love to spew hate from. Often GOP rhetoric has no apparent news value but they still push it out daily, and they never stop. Media wants takes and drama and Republicans give it to them, so news producers feel no compunction in platforming their filth. Beto is doing the necessary in countering it. That's the ground war now, as much as organizing. 

Edited by Vee