Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Absolutely. This story was hinted at in the original Times piece, but they didn't quite have the goods and so many people were lying.  At the same time, a campaign being brought down by a long term affair with a woman 30 years younger seems almost quaint now.  The other part with the lobbyist in the pocket of the Russians feels like a part of D.C. that really is a bottomless swamp. I dare say everyone has their fingers in that pie.

Still a bad guy, but happily the worst was avoided.

• Members

Meanwhile, in West Virginia, they are losing a Congressional district, leading "mainstream" conservative (a hatemonger but not a complete hatemonger) David McKinley to lose his primary to carpetbagger Alex Mooney, who first ran for office in NH, then in Maryland, where he was best known for being an anti-gay zealot. Trump endorsed him (as McKinley voted to certify the 2020 election results), and he beat McKinley badly. Most laughable of all is that Joe Manchin got off his yacht long enough to cut McKinley an ad. I won't be surprised if Mooney clobbers Manchin in 2024. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Let's savor it, since it may be the last for a good long while. It's hard to imagine a woman President when Roe is over turned. You can't trust a woman to make a personal choice about her own body, but you trust her to lead the country? I can't help but think more sexism is on the horizon thanks to SCOTUS.

• Members

I know MJF is right and they are going to keep pushing, but there is some other part of me that just can't accept it can go any further.  Then I read how seriously ignorant these people are and I know that it can.  There was a lull when Biden took over, but now once again I feel we are in serious danger.  Society can't really be shaped the way the far right wants to shape it without a lot of people being killed or "reeducated".