Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

JD  Vance is one of the most repulsive figures I've ever seen  in  politics - not only is he the epitome of swarthiness and looks like he will keel over at any moment, every word out of his mouth is  clearly a lie, amped up for extremist backers. The Trump endorsement and weak primary competition meant he had an easy path, but even then he struggled to put it away. And he wears more mascara than a drag queen.

Chinless wonders like this triumph because the GOP always sticks together, while the Democratic Party has the lieks of Joe Manchin, who tanked any real chance we had this year. Here is Rob Portman, cheering on the man who will probably put his son in a camp:

Speaking of which:

• Members

@Ponds Thank you for posting that. I know it must have been very hard. 

Please register in order to view this content

@DRW50 posted that link showing "next, Brown v Board" and my stomach flipped upside down. 'Fascism in its legal phase' was how I saw it characterized somewhere a few months back. Codifying the pecking order where *some people* have more rights than others -- and over others. At this point a semi-automatic will have more rights than a black, gay, and/or female body.

What a rotted, rubberstamp 'institution' the SC now is. I am furious (at myself mostly, and scared) that we took our eye off the ball and didn't try to think outside the box how we could possibly counter this clearly-telegraphed assault on our constitutional rights. 

• Members

You haven't. I'd be interested too. There's been a lot of push today by Nina's media allies to push her as the oppressed victim of the system, but this was a blowout. Nina is apparently going to grift for President in 2024 rather than try again.