The Politics Thread

• Members

He feels like he is straight out of one of those "the Nazis were all gay" propaganda pieces. The whole thing with the wife he just happened to "meet" while in Russia, or whatever that story was, makes me wonder if he was  being set up for heavy blackmail material that is now being blown up because they've realized he's too stupid and unreliable. 

He also seems like the type of guy who desperately wishes he could just [!@#$%^&*] himself. 

(as far as I'm concerned he  CAN go [!@#$%^&*] himself)

He has repeatedly shifted the scrutiny by blaming "the left." I wonder if he will again now  or if he will retire. This last dump feels like a warning of what will be next.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That's exactly what I think as well, @Wendy.  Cawthorn's (or anyone's) sexuality is none of our business.  Yet, because the GOP has become more homophobic than ever, I feel like...well, I don't know what I feel like, lol.

Maybe someone should simply point out the hypocrisy, if nothing else, of a card-carrying member of the Republican party apparently engaging in the sort of behavior they are working feverishly to criminalize and demonize.

The thought crossed my mind as well, @DRW50.  When you step back and look at the timing of these events, including the fact that 1) his marriage didn't last very long and 2) these revelations are coming on the heels of Cawthorn's latest comments about GOP'ers basically behaving like Studio 54 regulars BTS, you have to wonder whether Chad Hitler has been hiding something this whole time.

If Cawthorn comes out of the closet, I'll respond to him the way I responded when Aaron Schock came out: good for you, but don't think for one minute that will let you off the hook for how you tried to destroy this country.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Cawthorne's biggest problems (multiple "scandals" revealed) seemed to begin the minute he implicated his colleagues with their alleged "cocaine orgies".  It seems the Establishment GOP is ready to be rid of him, and they're uncovering everything they can about him.  Of course, in their eyes, his bisexuality is about the worst thing they can reveal, because they know their base is homophobic.  Speeding on the highway? No problem.  Gun in the airport?  No problem.  Unreported bitcoin?  No problem. Groping women?  No problem. Lying about his college history and his auto accident?  No problem.  But DOING IT with another guy?  Serious stuff there!  

• Members

I think he will deny  to the end, but I won't be  surprised if he  does drop out of  office, issue a vague statement about "loving everyone in the name of freedom" and then going the  Schock round, amped up even further, by posting thirst traps at every America First convention he attends.

• Members

Congress overwhelmingly passed legislation that would allow President Biden to use a  World War II-era law to quickly supply weapons to Ukraine "on loan".  This law was created 80 years ago to assist the UK in battling Hitler.  England was being bombed, and the US "loaned" the UK the equipment to defend itself.  This was done before the US decided to enter WW II. 
The was a workaround so that the US could remain "neutral" about WW II.  

This legislation to loan military stuff to Ukraine was passed unanimously in the US Senate.  In the House of Representatives, the vote was 410 yes and only 10 members voted against it.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/28/us/politics/ukraine-lend-lease-arms.html

Archived copy of same NYTimes article - the archive has no paywall:
https://archive.ph/njYn6

Here is the history of the law from 80 years ago:
https://www.history.com/topics/world-war-ii/lend-lease-act-1

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I understand the urgency. It’s just a shame that there doesn’t seem to be any urgency in remedying the fact that the child tax credit lapsed and now the gains have essentially been lost, with a significant number of children slipping back into poverty or in danger of doing so.

• Members

The full article hadn't been posted.

His response is to claim it doesn't matter now because he was in his early 20s (he is now...26) and blathering on about fighting the leftists. And of course:

We're going to be getting those dick-in-mouth photos by next week if this goes on much longer, I am increasingly sure.