Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Does Ohio have third party rules or write in rules? I keep thinking that is where Nina would go. She is clearly just running for money and attention. She's a proven loser, multiple times over. The way she vacated her podcast so quickly makes me wonder if she has burned her bridges in that grifting world as well.

• Members

There's so much numbness and apathy out there now. You have the GOP as a whole calling all lgbt people groomers, all teachers groomers, any Democrat or even Republican who doesn't go along with them groomers. You have the impending end of abortion and birth control. Yet most people just do not care. 

• Members

I don’t know whether this statistic was posted previously in this thread, but this is a reminder that, as triumphant a moment in history as this has been, the mechanism of voting to get there is nothing to brag about.

Speaking of moments in history that are shameful, there’s also this moment brought to you by the Florida legislature.

• Members

Media critic for the Washington Post published this. I do wonder if anyone in the media circus is paying attention or even cares.  It was a bit of soft peddling but gets the point across. I hope she includes her own paper in this writeup because they have failed also.'

The media is failing the public on the good news about jobs - The Washington Post

Oh and I notice the media is not paying attention to this.  Texas is a mess I think moreso than Florida and this is what their looney Governor does and causes. But then they don't care because they somehow don't get blamed for it. Why? Partially because the media establishment ignores it.

Mexico truckers protest new Texas inspections, halt trade at border bridges | The Texas Tribune

• Members

I can't say that I blame most people for feeling the way they do.  The GOP and MSM have gamed the system to the point that (IMO) it really doesn't matter anymore what the other side(s) do or don't do.  Republicans have ensured they'll be in power long after they've become the minority in this country.

• Members

I guess you mean join NATO? We've been members of the EU since 1995, both Finland and Sweden.  

Please register in order to view this content

The funny thing is that, prior to Russia's war against Ukraine I don't think either Finland or Sweden seriously considered joining NATO. Finland has always tried to keep its relation with the Soviet Union and later Russia very friendly, and we here in Sweden have been very proud of our long neutrality and our position as a non-aligned country. But with Russia becoming increasingly hostile, and with the invasion of Ukraine, I think that, for the first time, the possibility of a Russian assault of some kind doesn't seem as far-fetched as it used to. Very early during the Russian invasion there were warnings coming out of the Kremlin that all those who supported Ukraine should be prepared to suffer the consequences. So if we (Finland and Sweden) do decide to apply for NATO membership (and it is looking increasingly likely) then the Russians have only themselves to blame.