Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I completely agree. It's never been lost on me how many people salivate to go after the older women in the party, and forget Feinstein's long and distinguished record. But I also think Feinstein is ill, has made some key mistakes on her own recognizance that aren't connected to that, and purely for health reasons shouldn't still be in that seat. YMMV.

• Members

I think there's a  certain  nuance which  the online left refuses to appreciate and makes them easier to ignore. As a result, their complaints about Feinstein, and also about Merrick Garland and how his ties to the establishment have been detrimental to our democracy, fall on deaf ears.

• Members

I have no doubt that something is wrong with Feinstein and that some succession planning should've started quite a while. But there's no good to come from trying to drive her out of office. She's not hurting anyone. Targeting her is just the standard tactic by the left to purge and purify the Democratic party. It's never about building the coalition but always about making it smaller and more extreme.

Maybe is just my Black Gen-X upbringing but going after elders just for being elders doesn't sit well with me. I mean folks here know how much I despise Bernie Sander but even I don't go after him based on his age.

• Members

I see that NPR, one of the  more reliable corporate media mouthpieces, is still focusing on the leak rather than the ruling itself.

I have  mixed feelings as if the recall had not gone the way it  did, then she likely would have been replaced by a Republican. For the time being, I agree her staying in office is harmless, but I do think when it gets to a point of the person having to rely so  much  on others to get through, a question about responsibility and genuine care for her well-being starts to come to mind.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Yep. These midterms are going to be very interesting to see how voters across the country are going to vote and the issue(s) that mean the most to them and why they want their vote to matter. From a macro-perspective, is it:

• Gun Reform
  • Inflation/Economy
  • Abortion

Since we do live in an individualistic culture, we have this "me! me! me!" mentality. Therefore, I see a lot of voters turning up because of the inflation issues and how the state of the economy is effecting their financial pockets. Then again, I feel like the other two issues will release the hornets nest. Or will it? Are people so stuck on themselves that inflation will be the major issue that surpasses their thoughts on gun reform and reproductive rights? These midterms are going to be very interesting in my opinion.

Edited by Noel

• Members

I was trying to watch the hearing on the CSPAN youtube channel, and it wanted me to sign into youtube and say I am over 18 years of age.

I guess due to the violence?

But a google account is needed to sign into youtube and NO I'm not going to do that.

I could watch on c-span.org but the video is more choppy.

So I'm watching on the washingtonpost youtube channel.

The first hour and a half is just talking heads of news analysis.

The hearings start at one hour and 31 minutes into this video.

(They committee took a ten-minute break from 2:30:00 to 2:40:00, which is full of news analysis you can fast-forward through)