The Politics Thread

• Members

The human suits are dropping at an alarming rate that is for sure.

Somehow the idea of gay marriage being banned is even more horrifying to me, if that's possible. With abortion the White Christian Nationalists can pretend they are trying to save babies. With same sex marriage the mask comes off the serial killer and we are forced to acknowledge what is really happening. That this was never about babies at all. It's about WCN and anyone who doesn't conform to that is in danger.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This is the man who posted a photo of himself with a bottle of Corona in early 2020 just to  troll people who were worried about being sick and dying. He's just a ghoul, and seeing people trying to rationalize his ugliness is another example of a subset on social media who either get paid to lie or who have to deny  reality to get through the days. 

They have already destroyed public schools and brought back segregation as it is - they might as well go all the way in their minds. I'm sure Clarence Thomas would cheer them on.

Speaking of not caring about subtlety:

(this is the Hitler-praising Congresswoman)

• Members

Oh they will come up with fancy wording - it's not about gay marriage, it's about a wrong legal decision, you can support gay marriage and oppose Obergefell (that's the line Ben Shapiro is using, even though he is virulently anti-gay to the point of not even bothering to fake it with sycophantic grifters like Dave Rubin). I would like to think the honesty in  their bigotry will make a difference with voters, but I don't think that country exists, and it never has. If it takes a half-dollar off gas, death camps would get a collective shrug. 

Wasn't this one of those things Manchin was angry about as he saw  it as making people lazy? I can't  keep track.

• Members

For me, the biggest takeaway from the hearings and the SCOTUS rulings was that I underestimated Trump because he was such a buffoon. 

I thought it was all political theater and nothing would ever come of it.  I went to the Woman's March and Black Lives Matter protests secure in the knowledge that justice prevails.  I refused to believe that we're truly a divided nation because I live in a big city and only socialize with people who hold similar beliefs.  I've also always been an optimist and my faith is rooted in the knowledge that progressive civil rights is the ultimate future of this nation.

But, now my eyes have been open. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

I am so sorry for all of you. There was a time when I loved everything about the USA (it's one of the reasons I went there as an exchange student in the late 90's), but watching what has been happening the last 20 years, it just makes me cry. This doesn't impact me really, but I am absolutely devastated by all this.

• Members

Cornyn isn't so much as trolling as he's letting people know what is possibly coming down the line. 

As said before, Republicans has been passing anti abortions laws on the local and state level and it was a foregone conclusion at least to me anyway that they were going to do it the federal level.