Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh he's trolling. There's not much reason to pass the hate and ugliness of bleary-eyed body bags off as a  grander strategy - they are going to do these things, but that isn't why he's saying it. 

She truly is just a lump of souring dough, and unlike her lump of a father, has zero charisma. I still don't know why the Arkansas GOP decided she should be their governor - she has no skills and no future in the party. 

@Vee I've heard over and over about how much more violent the police are toward liberal or progressive protesters than they are toward the right. It's always so dismaying to see, no matter how many times I hear it. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I'm confused.  The word "trolling" can mean various things depending on the context and I sometimes miss written subtleties.  Does Cornyn really want to overturn Brown? I took him literally.  If he's being sarcastic I don't find it funny.  What does he mean?

Edited by janea4old

• Members

That is for sure.

I know Republicans don't actually have a plan, but if they were trying to create a generational underclass, I'm not sure how they would do things differently. Make poor women have babies, then make sure a good chunk of those babies don't have access to equal education. Then shame their parents if they need help providing food, medical care or housing. F*ck everyone of these people.

• Members

The repeal of Roe Vs. Wade is also going to cause years of litigation in states with those trigger laws, this will not be the last time the Supreme Court hears an abortion case. It's bleak right now with right-wing nutjobs in the majority, but I have to hope this issue will pop up again when there is a sensible majority on the court. It may be another 50 years, but the time will come. 

• Members

They said last week that there would be no more Jan.6 hearings in June ....  because congress is leaving for vacation soon, and there wouldn't be enough time to organize all the witness, documents, videos, etc etc before they leave. -- So much new info has been sent to the committee. They said the next hearing would be at some point after Congress comes back - sometime after July 11th.

NEW-  Surprise UPDATE:
Congressional hearing tomorrow Tuesday June 28, at 1:00 pm EDT

https://www.congress.gov/committee-schedule/daily/2022/06/28

Edited by janea4old

• Members

This seems like kind of a big deal.

Strange though for the last two weeks or so, most of the stories being reported about the Russian economy seemed to suggest that oil purchases from China and India were keeping Russia’s economy remarkably resilient. Seems there is a different story emerging now, what with Russia defaulting on its foreign debt for the first time since 1918 and all.

EDT. Oh, so technically Russia can afford to pay but are unable due to sanctions? Apparently their payments are being rejected. The very illustration of the phrase “Your money is no good here”.