The Politics Thread

• Members

You're right, @marceline.  I really shouldn't lay ALL our problems at the Democratic Party's feet.  We have to take some responsibility, too, for being such a rotten electorate.

And you're right, too, @Vee: a win is still a win -- sigh -- and I guess I should focus on that.

But...I gotta tell ya...part of me still feels disappointed and discouraged, nevertheless.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I know how you feel. So do I. How people who have witnessed his epic failing to contain covid, his racism, the way he treats women, his lack of taxpaying, putting down veterans and his overall personality can still vote for him boggles my mind.

Still, weren't we all told from childhood to stand up to bullies? No one ever thought that the bully would be POTUS, but that's why we had to use our best and nonviolent weapon - our vote.

• Members

@Khanthere's nothing wrong with feeling discouraged. As Gwyneth Alden once said, we took the armor off our hearts, and we let hope come in. The good thing is that, unlike Gwyneth, Amelia Heinle cannot actually kill us, even if some of her Y&R work suggests otherwise.

• Members

That is doubtful. They are only at 46 but at least the incumbent Democrat Senator Peters finally went ahead of the Republican candidate when Biden got Michigan (but it an extremely narrow lead).  Two senate races may go to runoffs.  Not sure who else the Dems can get.

If Biden wins Arizona and Nevada he will have exactly 270 electoral votes and will not need to worry about the rest.