The Politics Thread

• Members

I have a feeling AOC won't be running again, based on her recent Vanity Fair interview. (although I don't think she will be primarying Schumer either - she would lose badly and also burn all the bridges she clearly wants to build in DC).

That's a very moving clip. Thanks @Vee . One of the reasons that the right focus so much on shaming and smearing anyone who wants to talk about the sins of America is because they know that if we can never properly look back, we can't look forward. 

I just hope the Democrats can figure out how to connect more with the Hispanic vote, in a way beyond saying "but Julian Castro" or speaking Spanish, and without going along with those like certain Bernie supporters who spent a great deal of time and energy pitting black voters against Hispanic voters. 

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

We can agree to disagree. I don't agree with everything she does and I still give her a side eye just in case, but I think she's come a long way in a short time. She gave the Berners hard truths when they lost and defused a lot of their online bullshít. And I think that clip is on the money.

• Members

Sorry, didn't mean to post this right after the above as it feels like I'm trying to bring good news down. It is good news for the White House...this tweet thread is about how bad it is on the state level. The best to hope for is the gerrymanders still don't hold up enough, as they didn't in 2006 or 2018. 

Edited by DRW50