Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Trump had his chance to denounce white supremacy after Charlottesville.  He didn't.  Expecting him to do so last night was flat-out country dumb.

I didn't watch it either.  I didn't want to give Trump the satisfaction of high viewing numbers.  But I watched clips.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I always felt these debates were a bad idea. It's impossible to debate Trump, it's like playing chess with a pigeon, in the end it's going to knock all the pieces off the board, defecate all over the board and claim it won in the end. The public also is not moved by debates or civilized conversation anymore. Trump has consistently been supported by 40-45% of the electorate for the past 4 years. Nothing is going to change that, least of all debates. If anything the debates and the Supreme Court nominee have only increased his support. He was previously in the low 41's and now he is trending up again to 43-44%. 

Edited by Skin

• Members

The FCC is just one of MANY government agencies that will need to be rebuilt. I really want the Federal Elections Commission to also be a priority. There are way too many grifters on the both the right and the left who have been committing egregious campaign finance crimes because the agency has been strangled and can't function.

• Members

I turned it off before it was over.  I was saddened that Biden was unable to state anything without interruptions.  Wallace let the whole thing get out of control.....terrible moderator.  They need to be able to turn off Trumps mike when someone else has been asked a question.  I hope that is the last debate...if that's what you want to call it.

• Members

I kind of feel the same way except someone on Twitter brought up a good point: the next debate format is a town hall which means average Americans will be asking the questions. The optics of Trump melting down on or attacking normal citizens will be horrible. Also, that is where Biden excels. His ability to connect with people is his superpower. The contrast will be undeniable.

• Members

Frankly, I am bone-tired of people who insist that Donald Trump will behave himself and then are caught off-guard when he doesn't.  Trump has shown us over and over and over again that he cannot behave with any sense of decorum befitting a world leader.  Stop pretending otherwise.

• Members

Agree with all of the sentiments shared in the past three posts. They aren't really surprised (or at least they shouldn't be), they are just feigning shock so they don't rile up his supporters. They want to be seen as impartial in their responses, so they can be seen as "moderate" or "middle of the road". They are in essence enabling his narrative and in effect normalizing his awfulness.  

• Members

He didn't because he IS a white supremacist. That's one of the few things he's relatively honest about. He openly loves cruelty. I grant you it's astonishing in an American President. Has anyone American leader so openly hated most of their own people before? I can't think of anyone. "We" basically elected a sadist.