Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@Vee I love Nora Dunn, forever one of my SNL heroes, so thanks for the tweet from her. I have no real dislike for Rachel Maddow (I don't care much for her show but the insane hatred she gets from leftists is offputting and at times a bit frightening), but that tweet was Beltway 101. 

I do think you and @JaneAusten raise many valid points, and I do think there's a good chance he has it so I'm not going to try to do some point-for-point thing where I say you're wrong...it's just so many little blips for me. Here's another, where Fox News is already giving the script away.

• Members

What glorious news to wake up to. At least this means no more debates. I was dreading the next one because it was in Miami and DeSantis has pretty much turned that state into a COVID killing field. I now officially want Joe to return to his basement. I know he likes retail politics but enough is enough. The weather is getting cooler and inside spread is going to get worse.

I just can't with the idea that this helps him. I'm seeing people talk about how this could get him sympathy votes as if that's even a thing.

• Members

What a joke. I hope Biden and his people ignore this type of press concern trolling.

I'm not sure if the plans for him to open up campaigning more, allow the campaign to have more engagement like door-knocking, and to go out on the road (Bernie is too apparently) are because of the recent articles about the big voter registration gap helping the GOP, or if they were always planned. They are being spun as panic mode, so maybe there is something polling-wise they are seeing. Either way I agree Joe should probably get back off the road for his own sake. 

• Members

Some thoughts.

What if .... (just speculating)

What if ... he *intentionally* got himself infected with the virus for any of these motives:

• As a way to avoid the rest of the debates.
  • So as to distract from his tax issues.
  • He probably assumes that he will recover quickly ...
    so if he were infected and recovered quickly, then he would make himself look dominant, to say that COVID is no big deal, that he can beat anything, that it doesn't matter if you wear a mask, etc.

These theories might seem extreme, but I wouldn't put it past him to do anything like this.

Some say that it cannot be a ploy, because the Dow Jones has crashed but ... I doubt he'd care because he could have money stashed somewhere.

I mean, obviously he probably simply got COVID because he doesn't take reasonable precautions. 

But still ... nothing would surprise me.