The Politics Thread

• Members

Had a feeling this was coming when Senate Republicans began getting nervous a few days ago breaking ranks with nihilist Mitch, saying there had to be a relief deal before they left DC. Knock on wood, but I think Pelosi's gambit worked.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think that's exactly what's going to happen.  He'll just say it was like having a cold and it's fake news.  

Interestingly I heard someone on CNN say what I think we all suspected...what was that trip to Walter Reed REALLY about?  Just a normal checkup the WH said...I never believed that.  

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

I'm down for the mute button.

I do admit that the domino effect that this is having reading through this thread...Trump as living form of how rapid Co-Vid...after a night sleep...is shockingly breathtaking. He is efficiently taking out everybody. 

Same.

You have been killing it today. I LIVE. 

• Members

Actually it might be kind of funny.  His head would explode at someone having control over him.  

Y'all - my friend, a former Miss America lives outside of Fredericksburg here in Virginia and she sent me a video of her driving by a Park n' Ride with a bunch of people with flags, and I was like, what is that?  She said prayer vigil...there are plans for tons of them.  And the people with flag poles in their yards have lowered the flag to half-staff...in her development she asked someone what it was for...and they said everyone in the development is being asked to lower their flag until he recovers.  

THEY ARE CRAZY.  I told her...stop at one of the vigils and ask what they're praying about.  Wasn't it all fake news, and the whole pandemic was a hoax?  That's what your boy said remember?  So now you've decided it's real?  

Unbelievable.  

When she asked the guy at the (what she calls) "The Hate Gate Shack", and he told her "half staff until he recovers." She said "that's against the rules and code of the Flag.Only the President, and State Governors and the Mayor of DC can order half-staff".  He said well it was half-staff last week for Ruth Bader Ginsburg".  She said, yeah because the President must have agreed to it, and news flash, she was dead.  You don't do it for people who are alive.  

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

That is textbook early symptoms, BTW.

"Fatigued but in good spirits". We haven't seen or heard from him in almost 24 hours. The admin were gung-ho very, very early this AM to try to get him on TV to prove he is functional and well enough to govern. If that was going to happen, if he was capable of it, it would have by now or very, very soon.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Why Melatonin?  It's a sleep aid.  That cough must be a little worse than 'mild'.  One of the reporters said, "Republicans have caused Capitol Hill to be a petri dish".  Sorry, I laughed.  I thought, they made it toxic long before this pandemic.

Edited by Fevuh