Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I know there will be a full court press to get him 4 more years, which is hard to combat or is best left to Biden's response team, so my main worry at this point is just all the voter suppression and destruction of reforms. Ideally if Democrats win the Senate and the White House some of this will be fixed, if given time.

• Members

Yes, I'm really starting to believe it we might be coming to the end of this madness and can start the rebuilding process. 

I also like the sound of Bidens plans for an infrastructure/jobs bill.  A lot of people have promised it, but I think Biden has the connections and relationships to get it done. 

• Members

Trump has demoted Brad Parscale, replacing him with one of Chris Christie's old stooges (who was dumped by Christie due to loss of confidence). He handled this in his usual great way.

Before we get the inevitable gushing articles of Trump's brilliant, revived campaign, we can at least have a moment to laugh about Brad "death star" Parscale.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I think the plan is great. I am not as enthused about his healthcare recovery plan, but I think improvements can be made and our current crisis is showing glaring gaps in healthcare, education and so many other things that need to be addressed. 

There are so many things that need fixing, that we really need a landslide election in a sense to make sure his agenda will get the required attention and push needed and to repair so much of the damage, some that was there long before Trump. As someone who worked in the public and private sector, I am not in the classroom currently and I will not be, and I fear for so many of my former colleagues and the students with the brazen and carelessness so many are moving forward with. Part of the issue with schools is our decaying buildings that have been repaired with patchwork and still have massive lead, mold, and in some cases asbestos problems and let's not forget the aging HVAC systems that make this ridiculous comparison to Home Depot monstrous. Not even contending with families who have no ability to help their kids at home, have to be at work - not negotiable - because we have people who could not care less about them.

The Chicago Teachers Union this morning issued a statement that insisted on 100% online learning. The school district itself has yet to issue anything so the union has taken the first step. I know a lot of former colleagues who will not be going back. And the school administration is saying it's too early to decide. Are they kidding? I see a strike which may spread across the country in various school districts. Try teaching with no teachers. Anyone forcing people back into a classroom and into any workplace with no plan for testing and tracing and control needs to take a seat. And comparing this to Europe where many places have the pandemic under some form of control is ridiculous and even with that, they are doing limited in class teaching in Germany, Denmark, France, and Italy.

Biden truly needs a Czar to address the pandemic and have sub-czars to handle education, workplaces, and public spaces. On top of a team to get businesses up and running to produce PPE. A vaccine even if solidified by the end of the year, is still at least a year away from mass production and distribution.  

• Members

Chris Wallace must be on the way out. 

All of the discourse about the selfishness of RBG has started again, but I just hope she can make it to January (and that Biden can win). This year has felt endless and I'm terrified every day. 

Speaking of terrifying, a high ranking NYC police union guy seems to have ties to Q anon.