Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

We all pretty much know that there is a slim chance that those warrants are enforceable, so it is more likely an act that the Iranian government is carrying out according to their principles.  Having said that, there is some sort of psychic release seeing the words arrest and Trump in the same sentence.

• Members

^ How embarrassing.  Did he really think people wouldn't find out?

I kind of knew because of Carl, but VJ always seemed so sincere I guess I fell for his act.  Plus I'm just not up on most of these pundits since I dumped cable.  I know I could watch clips, just like I could watch soaps online, but I just rarely do. It still amazes me how the second I dropped cable I lost the soap habit after 35+ years of being a loyal viewer.

• Members

Looks like Amy McGrath has prevailed in the Kentucky Senate primary. 

I think some of the attacks against her, especially by the perpetually shitty Ryan Grim, have been petty and elitist beyond belief, but I just don't think she has any shot against McConnell. I hope that they will put those resources into place in other, closer states.

• Members

@OzFrog it is the same old self-important wankfest BS from the media. Most of those people will still support Trump. That hack Katy Tur was interviewing Trump voters who say if only he'd be nicer - but they're still voting for him. These are the "heartland" people that rich, out of touch Beltway types can't get enough of.

In positive news, a Democrat won a state senate seat in Kentucky.

https://www.whas11.com/article/news/politics/elections/karen-berg-kentucky-state-senator-election-win

In news that reminds me that I wanted to say I hope @Khan is doing OK, Oklahoma has narrowly approved a Medicaid expansion. This is a constitutional amendment, which is more difficult to interfere with (although I'm sure they will try). This is a particular blow to Oklahoma's governor because he was pushing for the state to be the first in the "Medicaid block" plan that Mike Pence's Indiana team (you know, the ones that caused AIDS to skyrocket) has been heavily pushing. The rural areas of OK rejected the amendment, but fortunately the cities saved the day. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/01/oklahoma-expand-medicaid-pandemic-346681

In news that mostly frightens me, Scott Tipton, a cookie cutter Colorado Republican endorsed by Trump, has been defeated by Lauren Boebert. She is a Q-Anon believer (they will likely have several members in Congress next year) and also re-opened up her "Shooters" restaurant (where all the waitresses carry guns) in spite of COVID restrictions. She has said she wanted to run so she could go after AOC. 

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/election-2020/lauren-boebert-upsets-incumbent-scott-tipton-in-colorados-3rd-congressional-district-gop-primary

If you know anyone in that area, here is the Democrat, Diane Mitsch Bush. Hopefully she can win, even if it won't be easy.

https://dianeforcolorado.com/