Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The race is probably much closer than the polls suggest but the framing that Trump should be ahead (because that's what the media wants and needs) and he needs to just get out of his own reminds me of the 2012 coverage where the press was perpetually confused and upset that Romney was on the backfoot the whole way through. I hope people are prepared to stand up to media lies as they are just waiting for another gotcha moment with Biden.

Anyway, I saw that AOC was gushing about the Tik Tok/kpop stuff with the rally. I've also seen this being used to help justify the GOP blocking mail in voting, as it means a leading Democrat (in the media, anyway) is cheering on fraud. Of course this isn't the same as voting, or even close, and they are going to block mail voting anyway, but it's just another moment where I wish certain people on the left would understand framing more. They are giving Trump, and the media, an opening to act as if a rally which was very poorly attended even without the kpop/Tik Tok stuff was only poorly attended because of trickery, and it means if his next rally is bigger, he will get a huge comeback narrative and owning the liberals narrative. 

• Members

His side is going to work overtime to spin no matter what caused his audience disruption.

I also saw AOC and others commenting that this was a small way for those fans that are not old enough to vote to demonstrate they don’t want him or his politics.  A form of protest.

The media will look to any way to keep this a story, so with or without the Fox spin  there were going to be days of justifications.  The main thing for me is that nobody was outside either.  The overrun crowd didn’t exist.  It’s a failure on many levels.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

I don't really see how it mattered. They bought up a lot of tickets but they were not culpable for suppressing the MAGA turnout. Blame the campaign who apparently thought nothing of skyrocketing tickets - they sound self deluded also. Bragging about 1 million in orders without any kind of vetting of who placed those orders.

And I am frankly tired of worrying about the media. They are going to do what they always do and they push themselves more into irrelevance.  It was obvious from the beginning as they were playing up this rally with glee that they wanted a comeback story. Glad this time it fell flat on their faces. Even a pandemic can stop these ghouls and their both-siderism

• Members

After the heavy role they played in 2016, I can't really stop worrying about them, even if I wanted to. Beyond the political role, it's just their sheer amorality and the consequences of their amorality that makes me keep more of an eye on them - for instance, the damage Chris Hayes and others did to women by pushing the Tara Reade story.

Parker Malloy had a long thread on Twitter that sort of summed up why I am wary of the kpop stuff getting too much coverage - it's a fun story, but I think it draws too much attention away from other reasons why Trump may have less support this time around. It gives him a shield. 

• Members

Agreed. The story should be on the crappy attendance. I think of those idiots who started lining up days ahead of time. All for the privilege of sitting in a mostly empty arena filled with anti-social dead-enders. What gets me about so many of the videos is how tired and bored so many of them seemed. That video of Trump returning to the White House looking like freeze dried hell feels like a turning point.

Edited by marceline

• Members

Well said, @marceline .

Speaking of the corrupt media, NYT is yet again trying to help Trump and stir up backlash with misleading headlines about the Museum of Natural History moving Teddy Roosevelt's racist, gross statue. The media will do anything to help him and to help the GOP. We're just getting started.

Here is another example, a sickening one:

Speaking of sickness...

• Members

So I guess that makes it even less likely we will get another check...shocker...

I don't do TikTok, but the psyops nature of the platform has been overlooked and dismissed many times over, to the point of even Parkland activists like David Hogg being belittled for speaking up. Now that it's clear the thing is being used for propaganda involving Pizzagate and the Boogaloos, maybe some will finally start to step in.