Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

In order to distract from the Russia news, Trump has retweeted a supporter saying "white power" and also said "Joe Biden is shot." The media, desperate to help him and also to support racists, is happily going along, burying the Russia story. 

It's just sad. 

• Members

He is an idiot but the people around him aren't. Every time bad news drops about Trump, out comes more racism. We've been seeing this pattern for years. Frankly, I assume that Stephen Miller is the one behind it. All he has to do is show Trump a video like that one and tell him it will be a great way to own the libs. The press falls for it every single time. Trump wants the conversation to be about his racism because it animates his base. 

It's clear that Trump is going to spend the entire election doubling down on racism. The press needs to stop chasing the shiny object and focus on things like the COVID response (Wasn't it just a week ago Trump admitted he slowed the testing down?) and his cognitive and neurological decline because the latter is going to keep getting worse. 

• Members

You said it better than I could @marceline . I think Bolton mentioned in his book, from something I read online, that Trump or his people whipped up a media controversy to distract from one of Ivanka's "business" scandals. 

Between the media burying the Russia story, using Tim Scott to try to blame Democrats over police reform stalling, social media more upset about a Golden Girls episode removal that no one ever asked to be removed anyway, and Maggie Haberman and co trying to help Trump road-test new nicknames for Biden, today has reminded me of just how many advantages Trump has going into November. I just hope that there is still a voting system in place by November and that people will still be motivated by that point.

• Members

^ Unreal and so unethical.  I haven't watched CNN in a dogs age, but I used to think Van Jones was a decent guy who made some mistakes.  I truly do not understand why anyone would get involved with Trump for any reason at this point. The man is poison.  He should be shunned and tossed into the dustbin of history ASAP.

• Members

From what I've seen some Prince fans say, he got him involved with some shady people in the last years of his life, so between that and his involvement with the Kardashians I wonder if he's been involved in questionable business for some time. 

Here he is on CNN, while hiding his involvement in the bill, struggling not to react to the former sergeant who dismantles the sham bill he insists everyone is in "violent agreement" with.

• Members

Despite the fact that the dogwhistles may get Miller off and excite the CHUDs, it doesn't solve their problem in the polls or change the conversation for long. The Russian story is still front page news (including the Times over the weekend) and top trending today, as partner nations confirm it.

As for the rest, just because all sorts of dumb detritus floods social media daily doesn't change the calculus: Trump is losing, badly. The bounty story is not going away, and it will harm him more. Extraneous noise like the Golden Girls or Tim Scott has no effect on the trajectory of this election. It's one thing to be wary, it's another to believe that everything we see reported or on social media is equally impactful and vital. It's not and never has been.

Edited by Vee