The Politics Thread

• Members

On the one hand this helps Trump in turnout because his justices voted against the ruling, so he will have more reason to say to his base that he's had an impact, but the main thing is this is good news for the country as a whole and to so many who came here and were then used as pawns and run into the ground. And it seems that Roberts is continuing to move further away from the right on key issues because the party is becoming so extreme he has little choice but to do so. He is still going to side with them much of the time, but we need that vote whenever we can get it. 

I guess it's just the abortion case left to decide now, unless I'm forgetting one. 

That didn't take long. Trump enablers like Katy Tur are already pushing that these decisions are good for him and trying to paint his Presidency as a success.

Edited by DRW50

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

In this case I don't buy it. All this proves is Katy Tur is in the Beltway bubble like the rest of them. They think the rest of the country thinks like they do. They also think the rest of the country doesn't support DACA or LGBTQ rights. I never thought Roberts would be q swing vote but maybe he does give a smidge about the integrity of the court. Of course nothing can replace his horrid decisions on Citizens United and Voting Rights.

• Members

Not surprising that we'd see some resignations.

If the Biden campaign doesn't talk about this in every campaign virtual (and non-virtual) campaign appearance, then those folks aren't doing due diligence.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/lifestyle/smart-living/a-trump-tax-break-is-not-spurring-job-creation-study-finds/ar-BB15EDbB

• Members

The problem is even many in the Democratic Party are so tied to big business and to these types of tax cuts. 

I hope so, but the media is absolutely desperate for a Trump comeback narrative. They need him to win as he keeps their money rolling in, but if nothing else they need to keep it close. They have tried so many things. This is a perfect wedge for them.

• Members

I know these stories pop up from time to time. The ultimate conclusion is that it’s more strategic for Democrats to recapture the Rust Belt states that Trump won, but that Republicans may be spooked into siphoning $$$$ from other states to shore up Trump should he appear vulnerable. I just don’t think Texas is there yet.

• Members

Most of the states that should be there probably won't be this time. I'm more concerned at Biden's relatively weak support with black and Hispanic voters compared to where he needs to be. Right now one of his polling boosts is more white voters who have moved away from Trump. That won't last.

• Members

To add to the above story about beerface Gaetz, he has now decided to reveal that he has a 19-year old Cuban "son" he has been raising since the age of 13. 

This "son" appears on various posts and campaign sites going back to 2014 as "local student" or "aide." At one point the raging alcoholic refers to him as a "helper." Imagine degrading your "son" THIS much.

As if this wasn't creepy enough, Congressman DUI was also the ONLY one to vote against a human trafficking bill last year. 

When will we start getting more honest talk about these depraved, sick Republicans like Gaetz and Jim Jordan and how their party continues to support them and turn a blind eye?

Sadly, Katie Hill, who, having ruined her career because she couldn't keep her pants on, seemingly has little to offer beyond enabling Republicans at this point, chimed in defending him to add bipartisan feelings to this sickness. I never need to hear anything from her again, after she pushed the lie about Shake Shack employees trying to poison cops. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

That is true but Trump has specifically crowed about this program, stating that it would help the Black community, (as if all Black people living in economically depressed areas) and by all counts, it has failed to do what it claimed and has only enriched the already wealthy. The Biden campaign, which I mentioned (as opposed to the general Democratic party) should be able to talk about this as another failed promise.  It would be a lot better than saying, if you don't vote for me "you ain't black".