The Politics Thread

• Members

Between this, his doubling down on praise and support for Confederate generals, and choosing to showcase vicious racist self-haters (as shown below), he's pushing hard to drive out the white supremacist vote while relying on voter suppression (and a steady stream of ex-Bernie cultists reminding us that he and Biden are the same or that Trump is the true progressive) to get him reelected. 

Sadly this could easily work.

Edited by DRW50

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@Khan, you and I are the same age. I do not consider myself either a Democrat or Republican, because I don't trust politicians no matter what side of the aisle they're on. 

Still, the President SHOULD be a uniter - especially at a time like this. I remember how Ronald Reagan did his best to comfort the nation after the Challenger disaster when I was a kid. Yes, it was a different time under very different circumstances - but he didn't yell, call people stupid, etc. 

This is truly a case of choosing the lesser of two evils (or weasels, as Jay Leno once put it). Great post.

• Members

Either he's tone-deaf or...nah...he's just tone-deaf.

It's gonna be a shitstorm of epic proportions.  Watch.

Honestly, what else COULD they do?  Even their one "victory," the stock market gains, has been erased, thanks to the coronavirus -- which wouldn't have hit so hard in every respect, had this administration taken it seriously. 

It was bad enough when the Trump tax cuts further widened the gap between the super-rich and the rest of us.  But, when 30 million jobs disappear in one week, and people in 110 cities nationwide come out in DROVES to protest systemic racism and police brutality...?  Everything in this country is literally and figuratively on fire, and it's all sensible Americans can do to laugh at #Bunkerbitch.

So, as Ronald Reagan once asked, are we better off now than we were four years ago?  The answer is absolutely, positively, 100% NO.

Edited by Khan

• Members

At the very least, even if Donald Trump delivers all the right words and phrases to the audience at the Tulsa rally, Black Twitter and everyone else will be quick with the receipts that say otherwise.

Edited by Khan

• Members

@Vee speaking of Parscale, I noticed he was pushing the dementia stuff again yesterday, and that various operatives (including Russia-loving leftists like Matt Taibbi, who also pushed the Tara Reade garbage) were putting out new deceptively edited videos that people were eating up. And trying to fan flames of fake outrage because Biden said Floyd's death got more worldwide reaction than MLK's due to video. I keep hoping that people won't fall for this stuff the way they did in 2016, but it still makes me sick to my stomach just how many who call themselves progressives are going along. 

Speaking of the platform, it looks like they took a pass because there was too much fighting over what changes should be made. This article also has a lot of quotes from a Republican transgender delegate, which must be a real level of self-hatred.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/11/republicans-rnc-decision-314172