The Politics Thread

• Members

I guess that "I don't really care do u" jacket was as much a message to her husband as to the dying kids. 

Who was the last First Lady to be as utterly worthless and callous as she is anyway? How far back does it go? 

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I knew it!  I knew that was the reason it took her behind so long to move her behind into the White House!  She was likely also still shagging the Tiffany security guy. The fact will also remain that Trump has to pay women to be with him, ring or no ring.

Trump gatherings are like Klan rallies anyway, might as well make it official.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

And he did the latter on the anniversary of the Pulse shootings in Tampa. 

He must have some old Reagan people working for him as I think Reagan did a lot of this [!@#$%^&*] early on. I'd love to say it won't work, but I'm not going to assume anything about this country.

• Members

I'm sorry. NONE of that is coincidence. First he wants to do a rally at the site of a black massarce, and then he does plan to do a second attempt at one at another place of racist history and now he got a law that aims at Trans on the anniversary of a shooting at a gay club.

He is seen. And he really is picking the wrong fight.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

More on the Kentucky Senate Dem primary. 

It's hard to imagine either of them beating McConnell so I mostly just wonder who will drive more turnout in November to help downballot. 

Normally I would say the main party has better instincts than Bernie and friends, but I've been wary about Amy McGrath ever since that Kavanaugh flub, and many in the state party also seem wary of her.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/13/booker-mcgrath-mcconnell-kentucky-senate-316201

• Members

There is some weird-ass primary going on in Virginia at the moment, with a "libertarian" first-term Republican likely to be defeated by a more traditional hatemonger. The primary itself is completely baffling and anti-democratic. This is a district that, with the right circumstances, could go blue this year - I guess we'll see. Anyway, the primary itself was a complete trainwreck.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/12/denver-riggleman-gay-wedding-314746

The whole long thread starts here:

• Members

How truly pathetic to see all the hype about various racist reactionaries with nothing to live for but faux-pride going out in the streets to "protect" the Alamo from something that isn't even happening, just social media lies and rumors. Even worse is Jeb Bush's wizened son, who has no career in the GOP no matter how much of Trump's fat ass is on display for his lips, doing this "Don't Mess with the Alamo" posturing when the same people he's pretending to give a damn about would not spit on him if he were on fire.