Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

A good rundown of where John Roberts' head is at and the bad times on the way.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/06/chief-justice-roberts-swing-votes.html

@victoria foxton some hanger-on tweeted this creepy photo and suggested Nestor's mother is dead...yet a woman has been seen on social media tweeting that Nestor is her son. What the hell is all this sickness?? A few other people have summed it up well - this is the type of stuff that QAnon people obsess over. Yet they have nothing to say.

• Members

This is interesting. I guess the cynic in me would say Klobuchar already knew she wouldn't be he pick, but I agree with her he should pick a woman of color.  So many people are fed up with Trump this is a real opportunity. Hoping for Kamala. Not sure why her campaign fell apart, but she has the air of competence we so desperately need in our leaders.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/18/politics/biden-vice-president-amy-klobuchar/index.html

• Members

He's gone out of his way to be as nasty and vile as possible through his years in politics - just earlier this year he thought it would be hilarious to, early in the time COVID was hitting nationwide, come to Congress wearing a gas mask to make fun of wearing masks; soon after, someone in his district died from the disease, I believe. 

He's also one of Trump's favorite Congressmen, as he is always up Trump's ass on social media and in the chamber.

This all started because he was completely humiliated by a black Congressmen, Cedric Richmond, a few days ago.

He blew up, and presumably decided to show off his "son" to the world to get cool points - most importantly, this "son" is Cuban, the one minority group Republicans don't want to see dead. It's also a clear attempt to play the "Democrats are the REAL RACISTS!" game that bigots love to play. He was just too stupid, and probably too hung over, to realize how much the whole thing would boomerang back on him and expose him.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

The pundits are already trying to make this about Klobuchar hurting Warren (I guess because the idea of "Dems in disarray" is sexier to them) but I do think she made the right decision. Even before the Floyd case I think she was the wrong candidate but now it feels very urgent to pick a WOC. The far left and the bots are already pushing Tulsi Gabbard or Nina Turner and already have the hatchets out about Kamala Harris, but then they would for anyone Biden picks beyond Tulsi or Nina. Hopefully the campaign is ready for this as I'm not sure they get how effective these smear campaigns are.

Anyway, I thought this was an interesting article about Sen. Carol Mosley-Braun and when Biden asked her to be on the Judiciary Committee. They also talk about her work against the Confederate Flag being authorized by Congress.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/06/19/the-first-time-joe-biden-chose-a-black-woman-to-make-history-328426

• Members

I think they are ready for it. Joe has been running a really good campaign mainly because he's put together an excellent team. Symone Sanders has been one of his biggest assets and she knows how the Bernieverse works because she's from there.

Edited by marceline

• Members

The somewhat grudging tone here indicates they know the "Biden in the basement" framing hasn't worked as intended, especially with Joe doing more and more public events. But they keep trying to bring up Biden being out of the fray as much as possible and inferring that he's only ahead by staying out of Trump's reach, even in a piece that openly states that Trump is now struggling to get reelected.

• Members

This ad appeals to me.  Not sure if it is effective, but the Lincoln Project has been doing some hard hitting ads, so maybe we have the best of both worlds going. And no, I don't really give TLP a ton of credit for what they are doing, but I'll take it.