Y&R: Week of December 1st

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved today. Like others have said, it really was fun to watch.

I'm so looking forward to ED getting a chance to do something, and this is a big one. I love her at the helm of it all, balencing the rest of the Abbotts. I also loved the little scenes, like how Chloe fit in totally with the families.

I like Noah and Eden (I enjoyed Erin Sanders but I think Vanessa is the right fit for the role so far) and I SO can't wait for the scene where Noah finally just bluts out "I'm not Cassie"

• Members

If its anything like what a hairstyalist can learn between the bleach, the dye, the highlights & low li9ghts, the toner, the chemicals, the cut, the style, the blowdry, and everything else then i know what ya mean. :)

I agree.

My thiung with Nick & Sharon tho is.. even tho i once upon loved them .. i cant root for them. ever. not ever again can i. they will both always cheat on eachother. time to move both into a new direction.

• Members

I was thinking the same thing. Kay "playing" Marge at the diner is wonderful to watch. I've been loving every minute of it. I'm happy they aren't rushing her return like they did Victor's (the first time around).

Yesterday's show was some of the best soap opera I've seen in a long time. Fantastic. I think Sally McDonald did an outstanding job in the directors chair as well, bringing all of this together perfectly. One part of dialogue I enjoyed was the Kevin/Billy scene when Billy leaves Kevin standing there and Kevin starts to say something like "That guy makes me -------!" But the obvious swear was cut off by someone crossing in front of the camera. Did anyone else like that transition?

I do want to say, and this dawned on me yesterday while watching this show, that if soaps really are "dying", I believe Y&R is the only one with a somewhat viable construct to survive. With a few tweaks, I could really see this show on the CBS primetime lineup. Really.

• Members

Agreed. It could possibly transition to another network (really, the only one to be able to do so, I think).

It could reinvent the internet-model, or it could survive (in some measure) on international sales.

The reason for the survival is multidimensional: (a) largest audience; (B) most diverse broadcasting platforms of any soap (CBS + Soapnet + Fancast + MSN + CBS.com + Youtube + Globaltv.com); © solid international sales; (d) critically strong (in other words, it is not now a 'damaged' show, and can plot for the future without missing its' veterans and ties to history); (e) apparantly spared from corporate malfeasance after the LML debacle (per DaytimeFan).

If you add to that the fact that Y&R may not have lost so many viewers (because, when you add up CBS + Soapnet + Fancast + MSN + CBS.com + Youtube + Globaltv.com + DVR-7-day-views, you get an audience size of 8-10 Million a day...which is darn close to what it always was).

I am also struck by some really cool experiments/international data that...somehow...I hope feed back into the US model.

B&B moved to early primetime in Australia...and the ratings went up a lot. This experiment is still young, so we'll see if it lasts.

Y&R is consistently in the top 20 of ALL rated shows in Canada, and recent was revealed to be in the top 20 (I believe) of all Canadian internet search queries.

Canada is NOT that different (if you ignore the nutty House of Commons right now) from the US. If Y&R can still catch fire in Canada that way, there are lessons for the US to learn.

• Administrator

"I'm a sex addict." :o Nice excuse, Jack. :lol:

Love Phyllis scheming!! I can't wait until Jack finds out about what Phyllis did.

Frank trying to sell out Jack/Adam to Victor..........Never trust a convict Jack/Adam!

Great episode today.

Oh.....and what an amazing body Michelle has!!

• Members

Although I am enjoying every episode of the show, I still (and probably never will) get over the fact that almost every young man wants to have Lily. I hate that they are using talented Billy Miller and wasting him on this lady. Please, just let her be single for awhile or something...

• Members

That was my first thought when I saw Michelle in her little lingerie.

PB actually sold that scene for me, as ridiculous of an excuse as it was. And Michael was hilarious throughout.

My only quip is Shaaron Case...I don't know if she doesn't support the pairing or what, but I've never bought her at all with PB. She doesn't even try and play any love towards Jack, even when she's supposed to be loving she just has this bitchy look on her face at all times.

• Members

IMO, that's because Sharon DOESN'T love Jack. Even when she says she does, she does not, IMO. And that's why Sharon Case is acting it like that. I think she's supposed to play it, so that we see it. Because it's clear Sharon doesn't want to be with Jack.

Now, I didn't watch when Jack and Sharon hooked up. Thank God! So I don't know if Case always played Sharon like this..

• Members

Michelle Stafford said in a recent interview that Nick and Sharon have a connection that Phyllis doesn't see and she knows that Phyllis will never have that obvious connection with Nick. So, I agree, Sharon was never in love with Jack, she's just with him so she isn't alone. I think a part of her cares for him, but she doesn't love him the way she's supposed to as his wife. I guess it's all just an obstacle to the inevitable reunion of Nick and Sharon, and no matter what anyone says, that will be the outcome some day, maybe not now, but it's going to happen down the road.

Archived