Y&R: Week of December 1st

• Members

Like I've said, the Bells have a vision for Y&R that goes beyond the traditional methods of broadcast in the USA...B&B was supposed to have episodes online, on the shows website, but Barbara Bloom got furious and threatened to sue etc etc...so the episodes are on CBS.

The Bells, ever the brilliant family, found a way to get their internet broadcast model up and running. Smart huh?

Colleen should go...but Brad is still very viable.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really enjoyed today's episode. It has been a while since Bryton has impressed me, mainly because they haven't given him anything to do, but he was wonderful today! Very brotherly....and I should know since I have 4 brothers of my own. :lol: The storyline with Ana has been surprisingly good the last two weeks. They finally have me interested and not wanting to miss a scene about it.

I still want Jeffrey dead though...I HATE that character.

• Members

Yes, I agree.

But there was actually a masterpiece of a thing on this show that demonstrates just how far Y&R has come.

Everything between Amber and Daniel ADVANCED NO PLOT PURPOSE WHATSOEVER. There was not an IOTA of plot in their scenes.

The scenes had two functions: [A] To further develop Amber's character, and show the legitimacy of her grief for Kay...and the fundamental loneliness that has defined her since her B&B days, and To show the deepening and strengthening and sincerity of Amber and Daniel's love.

Imagine! Soap scenes RIGHT out of Tom Casiello's playbook!! Scenes that weren't filled with a throwaway "C" story, but with character advancement. I am impressed.

• Members

Ok - was I the only one today thinking "How in the heck did Bryton ever win an Emmy, let alone two!?" Gosh his acting is so wooden and unconvincing. Everything he says is delivered with this forced indignation. But compare him to Eva Pigford (Tyra) and he looks like..well an Emmy winner. Apprently those weeks the show wrote her off (allegedly to get an acting coach!) didn't work out so well. i like the character of Tyra, but she's acting as if someone got her pizza order wrong, not had her daughter taken by social services.

They better hire a firece, seasoned actress for Yolonda!!!

• Members

She just didn't pop for me. I want someone who wasn't a model or beginning her career. No disrespect to Chene, who was talented and lovely in the role, but I'm just thirstin for a big, black diva (think Dianne Carrol in her prime) to take over the role. And with another looming strike and the economy in the tank, I think Y&R could lure someone fab. If we can't have Dru i want someone feisty!

• Members

Been watching Y&R pretty much all my life, I'm almost 30. My mother has watched the entire show and filled me in on Katherine's history. I love grey characters, my problem is that it is always written like Katherine was a wonderful and decent woman and all her sins are erased because she's old and rich. It would be funny if Amber published her book, in which she admitted to kidnapping, and as soon as she is found Heather can prosecute her for it.

Archived