Y&R: Week of December 1st

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today was another excellent episode and PB could make me believe anything; he's that good.

No wonder things always seemed so rushed and storylines were dropped left and right.

During LML's tenure was about the only time I actually enjoyed watching the old fart.

• Members

"...reminds me of my favorite teacher at the orphanage, who smelled of lavender"

Totally shocking. That was during the few months where they were writing interesting things. Of course, even that story turned to sh*t.

• Members

I thought today was weaker than the other shows this week for one main reason....it only featured maybe 8 characters. The previous shows had to have at least 15-20 characters on each. I liked that variety of storylines. We didn't see that today. The parts I watched were well acted and well written (thanks to clipping by a friend I didn't have to see the gratuitous sex scenes between Nick and Phyllis), but I prefer the episodes that focus on two or more family groups. I love how Nick and Sharon are handling Noah.....and Kevin Schmidt is just fabulous playing 15 year old Noah. My 16 year old even agrees with me when I tell him they way they have Noah acting on the show. It's very authentic.

And, ok, I love PB...but there ain't no way in hell Jack is addicted to sex. Phyllis addicted to sex...that I could buy...not Jackie.

• Members

I feel the complete opposite. I loved that this episode only featured one major storyline coming to a key climatic head that has been in the making for months. To feature any more characters would have caused it to drag on for days and add unnecessary filler to the episode. It might have also cause scheduling problems with events that will be picked up the following morning, which is the only reason they had to have the Micheal and Victor scenes in that same episode.

Do Nick and Sharon seem a little hypocritical to anyone else? Funny how when Nikki was against Sharon, Nikki was portrayed as the devil, but I think she actually sensed that Sharon was a gold digging predator slut who was keeping secrets. Eden to our knowledge hasn't done anything besides being snarky, but is regarded as the devil in disguise. Sharon might find that Noah takes a ticket out of her book and decides to knock up his girlfriend just to be able to see her.

My only real beef with the show this week was Nikki and Paul in bed discussing that they haven't slept together for 30 years. Sure that is the actual timeline but unless they had an un-aired affair while Nick and Vicki were babies, their timeline doesn't fit with the SORASSING that has been done. They should have just said decades and left it as that. B&B does the same thing with Stephanie and Brooke talking about their 18 year feud which has been occurring since well before Brooke had her kids which are now portrayed as 30ish.

• Members

Loved Thursdays show if for no other reason then to see Michelle Stafford looking amazingly SMOKING!!!! Joshua Morrow sure is one lucky man, a hot and sexy wife at home and a hot and sexy screen wife!!! I half expected another "tightie blackie" scene like last year!!! This couple knows how to make it look "real" instead of forced and contrived.

Phyllis1204a.jpgPhyllis1204b.jpgPhyllis1204c.jpg

you don't have to have 15 to 20 characters in the one hour show to make it a "good" show...The characters shown carried the show quite well!!!

Sharon is turning more and more into a stalker of her ex!!! If she put 1/10th the effort into her marriage as she does into sniffing after Nick, maybe her marriage would not be in the trash can!!! Also, I have never seen Sharon Case work for the couple of Sharon and Jack, she has always seemed like she was not giving it her all, I have expect her to turn her head and offer Jack her check to kiss instead of a passionate kiss for a couple barely past being newlyweds, heck even when they were newlyweds SC seemed to be phoning in her scenes with PB.

• Members

actually I see Phyllis doing all the work in the PHICK marriage while Nick flip flops back and forth....what has Nick really done lately FOR Phyllis or Summer??? NOTHING...he is too busy taking care of his mother and his father, running to Sharon every time she calls because Noah sneezed or forgot his gloves! Even in business, Nick HAD to have RS, yet has he put forth any effort lately in RS??? Have you seen Nick make room reservations for him and his wife?? have you seen Nick spend anytime with Phyllis and Summer without anyone else, as in the Thanksgiving scene???

Sorry but the only effort I see is Phyllis trying her damnedest to keep the PHICK marriage afloat because that is her family...her, Nick, Daniel, Noah and Summer...it does not include ex's.

• Members

So far, the only "online" Corday has allowed is I-tunes.

I CANNOT imagine Corday allowing Global to do this UNLESS Global does IP filtering (something they're not doing now) to disallow US viewers.

Corday will not (I believe) risk losing ANOTHER eyeball to another distribution system. He wants everyone to watch NBC live :).

Maybe he's not that short-sighted. I think the online version could actually add to the base. I wonder how the Itunes deal is doing, and I wonder how long that (exclusive?) distribution deal might last.

Archived