Victoria Rowell Goes Nuclear on Y&R

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The part about getting dibs at the wardrobe that Melody Thomas Scott didn't want was the other weird part of this interview. Victoria and Melody appear to be different sizes and heights, was it really necessary to add that in there? Did they repeatedly tell her that she could have what Melody didn't want?

I'd love to see Mel's wardrobe, sounds like they spend a fortune on it. LOL!

• Members

This is what I simply don't understand. How do people love people that they don't know and may have only met a few times because they play a role on tv? I may like or dislike an actor's portrayal of a role, but I cannot fathom having an emotional connection to these people when I don't know them. This must be what people mean by "celebrity culture." So strange.

• Members

Why would VR speak out of both sides of her mouth? when she left Y & R she had nothing but high praise for MS...sorry but I just lost any respect I had for her.

Please PTB hire someone to take on the role of Drucilla or let them find a skelton with her hat still stuck on her head....

• Members

You're absolutely right, she's always been neutral or even complimentary to the Bells. That's not what I have a problem with.

Rather, I base my opinion on how I cannot stand people who act like they made a show a hit when, in actual fact, it's a delusion. Y&R hit number 1 in 1988, a year before Peter Bergman and two years before Ms Rowell. It just irks me that she thinks the audience is dumb enough to just swallow that crap or believes her own delusions.

I also don't like people who take themselves too seriously, Ms Rowell didn't say a single self deprecating thing which is another thing I cannot stand. It's all about Victoria Rowell and her issues, her problems and what she wants. Certainly, that's not a unique trait among actors but she just typifies it so brilliantly that it makes me sick.

I don't like that she came to work at Y&R and didn't care to fraternize with the rest of the cast or bring food for the crew or any of those things that Ms Rowell views as playing a popularity contest. Guess what, outside of Hollywood people do that stuff all the time and it has nothing to do with popularity. I buy the people in my office doughnuts and coffee every Wednesday morning, I've been doing it for years. Is it because I want to be popular? No, I'm the boss, I could care less about being popular, I do it simply because it makes other people's days a little bit brighter.

Ms Rowell strikes me as someone who is very paranoid, there is a conspiracy for everything, everyone but her is at fault for everything. She needs to take some personal responsibility and realize that her behavior has contributed to her problems just as much as the behavior of her cast members. It takes two to tango.

• Members

I've always been on VR's side and want her back on Y&R bad but I cannot see how they could possibly hire her back now which makes me so sad. I thought they might be open to having her back eventully, but not now. This interview has an odor and that odor is burnt bridges.

Robin Strasser begged to come back and they made her go through all kinds of hoops and take a pay cut to come back - and the character of Dorian (from what i hear - i don't watch OLTL) is a major legacy character. I remmber reading this interrview where she admitted to being unprofessional and a diva and wished they would give her once more chance (i'm not even paraphrasing - just remmber the jist of what she said). THAT'S what VR would have to do - be the prodigal, repentant child and grovel - and that will NEVER happen. You could make ice cream sundae's in hell bfroe she'll ever do that.

So sad,,,

• Members

Well I guess Melody Thomas Scott left Victoria Rowell with some AMAZING outfits because as a Melody fan, Nikki was usually dressed AWFULLY. Only recently has I found wardrobe to dress her nicely.

Bad improvise by Michelle.

I love how this host stirs the pot lol.

And what was Rowell thinking that she could write for the show? Who the hell does she think she is? Eric freaking Braeden!

• Members

Fair enough.

She's raved about Y&R, many cast members & The Bells amongst other issues.

But to each their own

That's what interviews usually consist of.

She's NOT the only Y&R cast member to state she felt that way but is the only one being criticized for it.

As you yourself said that's outside of Hollywood & each workplace situation is different.

A convenient way to bypass the issues.

The same issues that directly effect several of her co-stars who aren't her.

Much like Lynn Westmoreland & the word uppity.

She never said she was perfect.

Far from it.

But the relevant issues she discusses still remain cause they're easier to ignore than to deal with.

Yep.

And even when she remained relatively neutral she was attacked.

Thank you.

Archived