Victoria Rowell Goes Nuclear on Y&R

• Members

Victoria Rowell needs to check her diva and chill the hell out. Her initial attacks on her ex-castmates because they didn't like her and refused to support her Emmy nomination started this mess. Now she makes the situation worse with this interview. From all indications it was her hurt ego that led to her decision to quit Y&R. Now she is out of regular work and is further alienating her only real chance of getting back into daytime. What other soap is going to put up with an aging African American actress who publicly attacks her castmates? I'll tell you which network, not a one. News to her, CBS and the Bells are NOT going to chose her over Peter Bergman in this particular fight so why is she continuing a war that she cannot win? Someone needs to lay hands on Victoria because all she is doing is making the situation worse.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That part was a bit hard to swallow, I hate when actors think they are the show and the reason for its success. I hate it when Braeden does it, and it certainly added to the wacky nature of this interview.

"Y&R didn't go to #1 when Peter joined. After I joined, that's when it went to #1."

I had to roll my eyes there. The show was #1 before both of them joined!

I have to agree, but a part of me still hopes that they can all put adise their differences.

It puzzles me, she asked to be let out of her contract a year ago, but now she seems open to returning. I don't understand why she would want to return to an unhealthy working environment. I wouldn't even bother with the show again if I were treated the way she says she was treated.

• Members

Eileen was cut by LML. LML is gone. Eileen returns because the workplace is no longer toxic. MTS, PB, JW, EB, JC, DD all love working with Eileen, she's not in Ms Rowell's situation.

I just think Ms Rowell blew up the bridge to Y&R...it's sad, she IS Dru, nobody can replace her, good luck to Sony if they think they can do it. I'll miss Ms Rowell, but her presence on set, it's clear, isn't needed.

• Members

LML was NOT the only one Eileen had problems with.

LML was just the one who fired her.

The workplace isn't much better but Eileen's willing to return nonetheless.

She & the character are needed but the world being the way it is the interview definitely didn't help.

• Members

I question the whole "Stafford" thing....I have heard nothing but praise for Michelle Stafford by her co-workers and others in the business.....VR seems to have a mouthful of sour grapes....

I don't believe a word that comes out of her deluded, un-professional mouth.

• Members

The actors loved Eileen, for the most part.

I think Eillen's problems were generally with Jack F. Smith and then Latham. Eileen was unhappy with the way Ashley was written for some time, or that's what she's alluded to in some interviews.

Bergman, Braeden, Thomas-Scott, and others all spoke out about Davidson's firing in 2006, so I don't think she had much trouble with actors per se.

• Members

Thanks for clarifying that, I couldn't think of a single actor who didn't get along with Eileen who is very well known for being a professional with a good sense of humor.

Luckily for Eileen, most of TPTB aren't there anymore. LML's gone, Lechowick's gone, Smith's gone, Griffith's (nearly) gone...the Bells like Eileen, she's back home and about damn time.

Also, Victoria alluded to problems with the cast when she gave her exit interview from Y&R in 07, so I hardly think she's just responding to things. Listen, I have always enjoyed Rowell's work and the character of Dru is a knockout, but I don't like her personality and I don't like her attitude. I'd hate to work with her.

I can hardly blame anyone at Y&R for feeling the same way.

Archived