Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

^^

One can only hope.....

I do hope that they have gotten some actors from the Farm-years for the interviews. Frazer Hines should be an obvious choice for example. Other possibilities are Malandra Burrows (Kathy), Ian Sharrock (Jackie), Tony Pitts (Archie) and Jane Hutcheson (Sandie). Of course it would be fantastic if Frederick Pyne (Matt) and Jean Rogers (Dolly) could participate but they are 86 and 80 respectively, so who knows how healthy they are.  Personally I would love it if they could get Gail Harrison (Marian) as well. She is after all one of the few remaining original cast members, alongside Frazer and Frederick. And if we got an appearance from Katharine Barker (original Dolly) I could forgive almost anything..... 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Jean still seems active on social media. I  know not to expect much but I am hoping for anything.

It's very sad that he died but this is one of the things I hate about the press. "Emmerdale star, who played...Kev the coachman." It reminds me of how the media kept saying a "Walking Dead" star killed her husband. That "star" was an extra. 

• Members

Ooh, that sounds promising about Jean.... 

As far as the documentary goes, I'm gonna make a concession.... although I personally would love it if it concentrated only on the "Farm"-years, I have to concede that that would be unfair. After all, the show is celebrating its 50th anniversary and it was only named Emmerdale Farm for 17 of those years. That's only about a third of the time. If you look at episodes the numbers are even more damning. Last Friday episode 9434 aired, and only the first 1402 went out under the Emmerdale Farm name.

But in my defence those first 1402 episodes were 10 times better than those that have followed!  

• Members

Wait? Those are like the only returns? Ah lol!

i Love Emmerdale Farm and loved the transition! Hell I loved the 90‘s and especially coz of Kim.

i loved the 2000‘s coz of the Sudgens Brothers fighting over Katie and their father got shot. Great Drama! The introduction of the Kings (one of my favorite family of all time on ED. I still think Tom (Carl) was fired 10 years ago. People say that he wanted out anyway but I call it bull. He got killed off to prop Debbie/Chaz and Murray (was it his name? The serial killer?)

Matthew King was badass!!! Loved him

2009-12 were the last years I felt hooked. The Wyldes were a nice try tbh. Kim/Carl‘s affair was my favorite. Such chemistry. 

Lachlan and Meenas separate reign of terror at least got me on the edge of my seat for a while. Katie’s Death etc.  I even enjoyed the beginning of Charity and Vanessa but that ship has sailed for me.

i never felt this way how I feel about Emmerdale right now and the state it’s in but I hate it. I never even felt that way about Bold and the Beautiful. It’s repetitive and sometimes dull but I know what I’m in for. Emmerdale starts promising storys and dissapointed me every single time in the past decade. I’m about to give up on my Emmerdale. I even loved this show more than Corrie/EE and even more as some US Soaps. But I can’t do this anymore. It’s just not worth it to keep up. I didn’t even felt that way when All My Children died in 2011

Edited by AMCOLTLLover