Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't understand why everyone was so upset about Noah going to prison for his stalking. I thought that was like a rite of passage for the Dingles and that Charity would be proud of her son for carrying on the family tradition.   

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Emmerdale won BEST BRITISH SOAP!

PAIGE SANDHU won Best LEADING Performer!

The Dingles won BEST FAMILY!

MC (Marlon) won BEST Dramatic Performance!

i don’t know But ED has the most loyal fanbase and the best. Everyone I know hated nearly all of them but yet they voted for them. Loving it! They really took a pee this year

• Members

Those experts were definitely against Emmerdale tbh. 
Paige was robbed Villain of the year. Nothing against Maximus Evans from Corrie but him winning Villain of the Year made no sense. The reaction from everyone just proofed that

I mean even that Gray actor from EE would’ve made more sense than him.

Best Duo/onscreen partnership was definitely bs too. No way in hell would the public voted for EE’s Lacey/Gillian. I really thought it would either go to our beloved Isobel/Bradley from ED or Kieron (Ste) and Anna (Sienna) from Hollyoaks..

Best Single Episode made no sense either. I did watched Doctors but no way was that episode better than Emmerdale or Oaks.. I can assure everyone that if the public would’ve voted that this award would’ve gone to EastEnders and the Southend episode.

they should scrap the jury and let US/the audience vote for it all. But good show overall tbh

• Members

Emmerdale is now in the position Corrie and EE used to mainly have where the panels know they will likely pick up viewer-voted awards so they use slots to for less popular shows.

I cannot get through Emmerdale these days. I'm happy for the cast and crew, some anyway, but I'm not sure what other shows I would have chosen. The soaps are truly in their last days...like so much else.

I'm torn between being horrified at the clown show that was Meena winning an award, and being happy for her considering how ugly the atmosphere on the set allegedly was. 

Sorry to hear they barely acknowledged Sheila Mercier's passing.

• Members

Yes, I just watched the In Memoriam montage on Youtube, and I'm bitterly disappointed that Sheila didn't get more attention. There should have been a scene with her, just like there were for Paula Tilbrook, Barbara Windsor, Johnny Briggs and June Brown. That oversight made me both

and

• Members

I kinda enjoy Corrie/ED for what it is.. The hate crime story was really damn good from Corrie.
Emmerdales Meena was what I expected from a mentally challenged women that is losing the plot. Marlon and his stroke was definitely such a a-game story! That proofed that Marlon‘s actor can act when they throw better scripts at him.

EastEnders is dead weight for ages. Hollyoaks is hit or miss but mostly annoying coz they always aiming for shock value.

Paige/Meena carried Emmerdale on her back tbh. The minute she was gone it became so dead. I really enjoyed her run. I worked with people like Meena and have seen they collapse which made me tear up to see her win. The panel tried to screw her over but the loyal fanbase supported her and ED! 

I loved to see Millie from Corrie winning but our little girl April from Emmerdale was really good. I was rooting for both of them

• Members

Ofc it’s nothing new but it has become more common than before. These British Brats getting more and more violent from year to year. This is one of the most realistic Storys in a while with the stroke one. 
and the mystery girl that said sorry is a interesting part. 

On FB people have blamed Nicole for it. She should‘ve just walked away and not provoke them. But she just stared at them and that chick asked for booze. In what world are we living in when we can‘t even look at embarrassing teenage girls acting out? Does that excuse violence?