Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

Thats around the time I quit too; or maybe before that. Between getting rid of the Bartons and Whites, I gave up on ED. I tune in and out to see how they execute those watercooler moments, but honestly there's no longer a connection there between the show and I. 

I will say this about the recent Meena plot, it's interesting how little David and Victoria played in the resolution of this Meena story lol But with what took place BTS I'm not surprised. Sucks that this thread of the story was left hanging. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ah yes, Gemma! Thanks! It has been so long, I cannot even remember who the girl was. lol I do remember enjoying Belle back then, mostly because of the young actress playing her. 

Wow, he killed Chrissie and the old man.. did not think you'd say that. 

I tried turning in at one point later, but could not.. I don't even remember what was the thing that got me to consider to tune back in.. lol

• Members

Oh no, not for their deaths. Andy's exit was before theirs'. Lachlan had earlier accidentally shot Lawrence (he survived). Chrissie ended up framing Andy for the crime to protect Lachlan and get revenge on Andy for cheating on her with Bernice. Rakesh, his lawyer, helped him escape from being sentenced to prison. He confronted Chrissie and she stabbed herself to further implicate him. Robert ended up helping him get out of the village for a life on the run.

• Members

Oh now when you mentioned this, I might actually have watched some of this... definitely did not watch Andy leaving and Chrissie self-stabbing, but might have watched Lachlan shoot Lawrence. 

Wow, so with Chrissie dead and Lachlan in prison (I guess), no one can ever confirm that Andy is innocent. Wow. I wonder if Kelvin Fletcher decided to return, how they would clear his name without Chrissie. Lachlan would never just confess to add himself more sentence lol

• Members

I had fun watching Meena's trial (except for how it ended).  I think it was clever to use the suspicious behaviors and reactions of some of the victims against them in court and have that be the issue that could have set Meena free. Of course, justice is always served on soaps so Meena confessed and the trial ended. 

However, it is inspiring to think about how other soaps could use a similar device.  There are so many "rouge" heroes on soaps who try to solve mysteries and figure out murderers that it would be ironic if their efforts actually created legal situations where the killers escaped prosecution because the evidence became questionable.

• Members

That's ridiculous. I can't understand why people still can't separate actor from character.... 

Please register in order to view this content

I mean, heaven knows that I loathe and despise any and all Dingles on this show. But I would never let those feelings spill over from the characters to the actors playing the Dingles. For all I know they could be the most lovely people. But I'm not interested in them. It's the characters I care (or don't care) about.

• Members

That’s my thinking. I wanted to give Paige my vote coz even though those people hated her personally and not just the character but my girl Tina from Corrie is up this year. I can’t go against my girl  Tina (Sarah)

I have to say the Meena story was entertaining.. it dragged a bit but I said it months ago that without the Meena Storyline there was nothing really going on. 

The Marlon plot is well done so far but what else is there to keep viewers hooked? Nothing. I admire Paige/Meena for sticking over 19/20 months with so much hate. I hope she wins if Tina won‘t. She kinda deserves it

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Eerie, as Shadrach died in part from an accidental fall (into the river).

Andy was a wonderful actor...Shadrach was a mess of a character, but Andy was so wonderful in heartbreaking  moments like baby Daniel's death. One of the finest stories ever on the show.