Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Given the current amorality, probably a cannibal holocaust. 

I can barely stomach the current show but I've seen other fans saying that the Ellis scenes are being clumsily edited out of episodes, presumably due to the ugliness behind the scenes. What a mess. I hope this Meena story was worth it. 

• Members

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/a38753604/emmerdale-50th-anniversary-huge-stunt-possible-returning-characters/

i start to hate those annoying producers and staff that take care of Emmerdale.. They lost a lot of viewers. They have an audience that still is mad at The Meena Show (even though some love the actress like I do).. and they make promises and teasing and teasing.

bruh get one story done before annoying the audience with idea u are not even able to fulfill . I’m really worried about those big tested storys for beloved characters! And when I hear that they already planning storys for 2022 to take into 2023 I am getting even more angrier. I hate that women in charge! I kinda miss Emmerdale from a decade ago lmao

there are some people returning!… and in the same sentence: but we are not sure yet!

This is how this whole show feels by now: we have great ideas and storys but we are not sure how to delievering them! Not even the bold and the beautiful is as annoying as Emmerdale since November

• Members

^^

What a load of crap!  

Please register in order to view this content

Hudson went on to describe one particular stunt they have in the pipeline as "epic", but promised that "at the heart of" the episodes, "the best-loved characters in our show are really going to be tested in some big emotional stories."

The best-loved characters from this show are either dead or long gone!! (And not a single one of them was a Dingle)  

"We're determined that we'll keep our audience on their toes for the whole of 2022," Shaw added. "Obviously we want October to be epic and it absolutely will be, but we won't be resting on our laurels until then. Some of what we've got planned for the first half of this year will undoubtedly go down in Emmerdale history as some of our finest moments."

• Members

I will stick with Emmerdale until the end coz  I grew up with it and even watched more then 6590 episodes out of those 9260 lmao 

But as if they are capeable  of pulling off a big 50th like Corrie did in 2010 but maybe they will surprise us…

I made myself a promise: If they kill off Kim i will quit this show for good! 
and if they would kill off Will and Paddy but I could tolerate it coz Kim would be still there! I know people are not big fans of Paddy but at least he is funny a lot of times!

I mean ED hurt my feelings at the big 40th when they killed off Carl King

the best character back then

• Members

Personally I think it was a mistake to bring back Kim. She had a great run originally, and one of the best, most iconic exits ever. All that was ruined when they brought her back..... 

However, now that she is back I would be deeply disappointed if they kill her off. That would make her return even more pointless than it already is.

Edited by I Am A Swede

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

This re-shuffling by ITV has received some criticism. For years there has existed a kind of gentlemen's agreement between ITV and the BBC to not put their soaps (Coronation Street, Emmerdale and EastEnders) directly opposite each other. Now this is seemingly over. The question is, what will this mean for the soaps and their viewing figures? Will this lead to the death of one (or more than one) of them? BBC has recently invested in a costly new set for EastEnders, but with the show already struggling in the ratings, can it survive being in direct competition with the ITV soaps?

• Members

EastEnders is boring anyway for the last 2 years. I don’t think Grants return will save it lmao

Now with Meena on a break U can really see how clueless the writers are with all the other storys and characters.

Mackenzie like forcing himself on Dawn in front of Charity and Vanessa and kissing her. Like what the heck was that? That was so not Mackenzie and out or character.

The Pub Story he run its course in my opinion. I don’t even care enough for the new mystery buyer tbh

• Members

I mentioned years ago here that one of her kids, possibly with a family in tow, should be the new owners. Her and her other child could come accordingly. And how great would it be if the Skilbecks had already returned and most of the Dingles ran out of town (I'd keep Sam/Lydia/Samson+Sarah/Jack Sugden+possibly Noah as a Tate, let Kim get her claws into him).

Edited by Bright Eyes