Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm sure the Dingles have been/still are popular. Otherwise they wouldn't have lasted as long as they have or dominated the show as much as they have done over the years.

But I have never liked that family. Quite the opposite in fact. I have hated them since they first appeared on the show way back in 1994, and I wouldn't shed a single tear if they were all written out tomorrow. I would dance with joy.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I can understand why people would not like the Dingles. The writting is on the wall for that family anyway for a while. But so is the writting for the whole show lately

Please register in order to view this content

I only like Belle especially when she is playing her mental illness storyline. That actress is on a different level.

i can tolerate Cain when he is more soft like the last few months. But Charity is a lot to take in. I loved her with Vanessa so much tbh. Shame Vanessa left coz of the actress pregnancy. Later the MacKenzie/Charity thing was quiet amusing but it’s boring now. Charity’s son is annoying as hell. Zak is just sitting around these days in the pub or cafe so he is tolerable. Chas is hit or miss for me. Paddy deserves better. Liv is alright but her dialogue became repetitive but I guess that’s normal with alcoholics. 

• Members

Yeah, nothing says "Merry Christmas" quite like a burned corpse.... right?!    

I wish I could say that I care who the unfortunate one is, but I really don't. I'm gonna take a guess though that it's not Manpreet. That would be too obvious and I'm sure there's a twist somewhere.....

• Members

I love that hidden spoiler. Meena is a great comedic villain. She is psycho! People with mental illness are the most dangerous and Paige is playing that pretty good. 

the behind the scenes drama is ridiculous. The Ellis actor Anthony left coz Matthew Wolfenden (David) and Isabel (Victoria) made some funny accents and it seemed like it was about one actress. So that boy left because he thought he could pull a public stunt and get some attention out of it. I mean it wasn’t even about him.

Good luck finding a new job like this. 
i get when people find it offensive to mock different accents but come on. People can’t take jokes anymore.

great move by Emmerdale to bring back Matthew (David) now where Anthony (Ellis) is leaving. His character wasn’t something special anyway. 
the behind the scenes drama but more entertaining than some of the actual Storys

• Members

That was such an amazing Christmas episode! The Meena/Manpreet story was so damn well written and acted!

the explosion was quiet ridiculous like last times Woolpack explosion but it was fitting for this entire mental Story. The way the Christmas song came on after the todays explosion and them both layin there even got a laugh out of me. 

I really hope Emmerdale wins something at the Soap Awards or NTAS.. The great Survival Stunt Week from September or October.. The great Christmas Episode.. and great and shocking exits. Emmerdale is more entertaining than Corrie/EE right now

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• Members

Vinnie gets involved in the Menna story too. Damn.. Come on. I love Meena but what the hell is with those writers and dragging this story on for so long? Are they trying to systematically bring ED to an end?

Return to the show: Vanessa!

Yay this is what Emmerdale needs…. Another character.. It’s not like we have a cast with about 40 people who are just walking around with nothing to do. Like that guy Dan. I completely forgot about him and he just popped up for a scene at the street after  being gone for like months and he‘s gone again.
i wonder how the producers decide how to use which character… This is becoming ridiculous 

i kinda loved Vanessa/Charity.. She brought Charity’s character back to life but I kinda like her with Mackenzie!