Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not more characters, please!  

Please register in order to view this content

There are too many as it is. We need a good old-fashioned disaster right now to wipe out a large part of the cast (preferably everyone named Dingle and everyone related to a Dingle) and then re-build! If they do that now we could have a good show in place in time for the 50th anniversary....   

• Members

That Ste Actor try’s to win Emmerdale Fans over coz of the schedule lmao 

The Marlon story is well done so far. I’m shocked that there is still something really good about Marlons character storywise. I was about to give his character up. 

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• Members

Emmerdale is nominated in the category "Soap and continuing drama" at the BAFTA TV Awards 2022.

The other nominees are "Holby City", "Casualty" and "Coronation Street". In a slightly sad twist, "Holby City" aired its last episode last night, the day before the nominations were announced.

Full list of nominees here: Bafta TV Awards 2022: The nominations

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm gonna surprise myself (and probably everyone else as well) by saying something complimentary about a story featuring a Dingle!  

I think the story about Marlon's stroke is the best thing about Emmerdale right now. It's the kind of human stories I wish they would do more of, instead of the shenanigans and various farfetched criminal stories they usually put so much focus on. And it's part of why I so desperately want them to get rid of the Dingles. They're so unlikeable that doing stories like this with a Dingle more often than not fall completely flat for me because I can't muster any sympathy for any of them.

• Members

The Meena storyline is finally coming to an end and Emmerdale producer Kate Brooks has given an interview about it, and this little quote stood out to me, and it explains so much about why this show is the way it is now.... 

Lachlan has only been gone since 2019. I don't think 3 years is long enough to warrant a new serial killer storyline. We're dealing with a small Yorkshire village here, not New York City!!

And that comment about looking for the next 'watercooler moment' story explains why this show is so completely plot-driven now. It just hops from plot to plot to plot. You used to get the feeling that these were real people living their lives and things happened around them. Now they just feel like characters playing out whatever plot they're being written into. And it sucks!  

• Members

OMG Lachlan ended up being a serial killer? Interesting. Who did he kill?

I stopped watching around time he and Belle started hanging out and I wanna say Belle pushed a friend who died? Might be mixing it up with something else, but I think that I am not. lol

Edited by Manny