Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The 50th anniversary seems like it will disappoint. I really had some hope but no built up, no real storys.. I swear to god that 2020-21 was too much Meena and stuff but at least it had a big story going on with twists and turns. But 2021-22 had like nothing. No real structure. I don’t even know what this show is all about right now.

I don’t even care about Faith even though I liked her. 
The weird baby story is boring.

Nicolas “attack” was alright. But nothing we didn’t saw on other shows.

Ethan and his Dad are the most wooden characters ever

Such a lackluster Anniversary year. 

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• Members

@I Am A Swede @Vee @vetsoapfan

I'm glad Frazer is still in decent form...this is the closest we'll get to any real Sugden presence for the anniversary so I will enjoy it. 

Chris Chittell says he tried a few years ago to get TPTB to bring Jane Hutcheson (Sandie) back as he enjoyed working with her. What might have been...

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Thank you. Those are great.

I do wish they had taken Chris Chittell's suggestion and brought Sandie back. Robert's return would have been a great moment to also re-introduce Sandie to the canvas, with a family of her own. It would have bolstered the Sugden presence on the show. (Yes, I know that Sandie's technically not a Sugden, but she's part of the family anyway, just like Matt, Dolly and Sam)

• Members

Frazer Hines remembers everything about ED and his Doctor Who days from 50 up to 60 years ago. That men is so passionate about the work he did and I love it. 

Hines loved the Meena story and that makes him even more a favorite of mine. 
He always said he would come back. I know his character died but they could create a brand new character for him tbh.

I knew the farming scenes were real and the actors had to do them for real. Paddy’s sctor said that he had to work on an animal on his first day and struggled a bit and thought he would blew it

Please register in order to view this content

If I were an actor ED would be the last show I work on 

Edited by AMCOLTLLover